We need Akok back immediately. | The Boneyard

We need Akok back immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He would’ve allowed us to rest Whaley and play a better small ball line up. Akok can play the 5 against these types of teams that have active bigs. His shot blocking is really missed as we’d be able to put more pressure on the the three point shooters.

Hopefully UCONN doesn’t postpone anymore games

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don’t want to see him at the 5. But we desperately need his shot blocking and overall hustle.
When we have to go small or Whaley is in foul trouble, he is a good option to play the 5.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What is the timeline for his return?
Someone posted that due to the 17 days off his return has been pushed back to mid January or so. Someone correct me if I’m wrong

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we're going have to wait but we need Jackson and Sanogo playing more. Hurley has to gain trust in them and let them play through some stuff for us to reach our potential. Adams is what he is and that's an end of bench type, minutes need to be going to Jackson instead of the smurf lineup of Cole, Gaffney, and Adams.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we're going have to wait but we need Jackson and Sanogo playing more. Hurley has to gain trust in them and let them play through some stuff for us to reach our potential. Adams is what he is and that's an end of bench type, minutes need to be going to Jackson instead of the smurf lineup of Cole, Gaffney, and Adams.

IMO Jackson should be getting all of Adams' minutes at this point. Sanoogo needs to get 15 minutes a game--I don't care how it happens.

Reaction Score

yup. If we had a couple more games against lower d1 teams to experiment, give these guys more playing time and work out the kinks, Jackson and Sanogo would definitely be playing more.

Reaction Score
IMO Jackson should be getting all of Adams' minutes at this point. Sanoogo needs to get 15 minutes a game--I don't care how it happens.

Agreed but jackson needs to step it up. He had one really bad defensive lapse and Hurley took him right out. Offensive mistakes I think Hurley let's him play through more. But in defense it looks like he has a really short leash.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When we have to go small or Whaley is in foul trouble, he is a good option to play the 5.

I hope to never see us go small again except to milk a late lead against a press. I want Akok at the 4 so we aren’t so damned small all the time. As has been the case all year, our worst moments today came with 3-4 guard lineups.

Reaction Score
Why was Jackson taken out and never put back in? He brought energy and passing right away. If he was benched because he took a three that's ridiculous, Adams shoots whenever he touches it and rarely ever makes one while not bringing any of the other things Jackson brings.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Cole needs to be on the floor with one of them. They both can’t be in the floor together. They need to tell Jackson to play great defense and play near the rim on offense. I like Sanogo’s play. He’ll get better as the season goes on but can’t hang right now with the mobile bigs

Reaction Score
Why was Jackson taken out and never put back in? He brought energy and passing right away. If he was benched because he took a three that's ridiculous, Adams shoots whenever he touches it and rarely ever makes one while not bringing any of the other things Jackson brings.

Made one defensive mistake.

Hurley's leash with Jackson is very, very short. Probably some issues with practice

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Agreed. I’d like to see Jackson in for his size and athleticism on defense.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agreed but jackson needs to step it up. He had one really bad defensive lapse and Hurley took him right out. Offensive mistakes I think Hurley let's him play through more. But in defense it looks like he has a really short leash.

He also had a steal that lead to a fast break basket and made a beautiful feed that Josh then missed an easy layup. He’s the most dynamic player we have besides Bouk. He makes stuff happen, and yes makes mistakes too. I’ll take the trade off.

Reaction Score
He also had a steal that lead to a fast break basket and made a beautiful feed that Josh then missed an easy layup. He’s the most dynamic player we have besides Bouk. He makes stuff happen, and yes makes mistakes too. I’ll take the trade off.
You don't have to convince me! I favor the kid more than anyone not named bouk and akok. But I just noticed that Hurley has a short leash with him on defense. He has to be extra careful not to mess up on defense to stay in the game.

Reaction Score
yup. If we had a couple more games against lower d1 teams to experiment, give these guys more playing time and work out the kinks, Jackson and Sanogo would definitely be playing more.
I agree - that’s why I cant understand why we’re not trying to get a game in Wednesday before Christmas Agsinst some scrub squad - Do we really want this loss to stick with us for the next week and a half? Gotta get a game in wed. Don’t care who opponent is. Get sanogo and Ajax more pt. Badams is who he is/ Carlton is who he is / gaffney is who he is.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If I’m him a withdraw from school/this dumpster fire of a season get an agent and train professionally.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Hopefully they bring Akok back January 9 at Butler playing in spurts to get him in game mode and then play him more in the Nova game on the 15th.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He is a brick layer but rebounding, jumping ability and passing, yes.
Right. No need to shoot. It’s on the other players to get the ball from him if he’s beyond the free throw line

Reaction Score
He was absolutely lost defensively but I agree he’s going to have to play through these mistakes we don’t have cupcakes this year for the freshman to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom