We may not have Crystal tomorrow, but we will have Saniya... | The Boneyard

We may not have Crystal tomorrow, but we will have Saniya...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
That's right- we're expecting Saniya Chong to play against Chattanooga tomorrow.

And on what we all hope and pray is the eve of 80 games in a row, I want to shout out the kid who's been at UConn for the 79 wins preceding it. Saniya played for three NC-winning teams and was part of a team who also won 47 in a row before the current winning streak. While UConn won 126 out of 127 games, Saniya has been there...except for the 2013 NCAA Tourney. It's okay that she missed the first six games of this stunning run. She salvaged the 2013 recruiting class and has come up big in some games since (Stanford 2013, Maryland 2015, FSU 2016).

In other words, we wouldn't be where we are without her. Go get 'em kid- we need and are grateful for you!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
AR-160129648.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Reaction Score
She I hope she shows her offense. We talked about her defense but it is offense that will keep her on the floor. I hope she lets loose and shoots the ball and shows the offensive player we know she can be. Then she will have shown Geno a reason to Keep Her On The Floor.

Reaction Score
That's right- we're expecting Saniya Chong to play against Chattanooga tomorrow.

And on what we all hope and pray is the eve of 80 games in a row, I want to shout out the kid who's been at UConn for the 79 wins preceding it. Saniya played for three NC-winning teams and was part of a team who also won 47 in a row before the current winning streak. While UConn won 126 out of 127 games, Saniya has been there...except for the 2013 NCAA Tourney. It's okay that she missed the first six games of this stunning run. She salvaged the 2013 recruiting class and has come up big in some games since (Stanford 2013, Maryland 2015, FSU 2016).

In other words, we wouldn't be where we are without her. Go get 'em kid- we need and are grateful for you!
I only seen her contribute in 2 games the Stanford lost and the win against Maryland all other games dont count as they was blow outs. Saniya needs to just play and stop thinking so much. Her game is very awkward.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I only seen her contribute in 2 games the Stanford lost and the win against Maryland all other games dont count as they was blow outs. Saniya needs to just play and stop thinking so much. Her game is very awkward.
I'm sure she'll be glad to hear that "all other games dont count as they was blow outs.", including this year's opening 2-point win at #12 Florida State, where she scored 16 points with 6 assists and 0 turnovers, just about all of that coming in the second half while the Huskies were battling down to the wire.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm sure she'll be glad to hear that "all other games dont count as they was blow outs.", including this year's opening 2-point win at #12 Florida State, where she scored 16 points with 6 assists and 0 turnovers, just about all of that coming in the second half while the Huskies were battling down to the wire.
https://i..com/portrait/9923439_300x300

Reaction Score
Oh yeah and that game. Lol so thats 3 games. We need her to perform like she did at flordia St against the Baylor' ND's. Put it this way she needs to do more and play better.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
She also shot 6/6 against FSU, 4/4 3's, as I recall.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Well, Saniya played 36 minutes last night, and scored 3 points. Yes, she did have 5 very nice assists. She was 0 for 3 on 3 point attempts. I can remember when Saniya was a freshman, she would enter a game and almost instantly put up a three. I think she set a record. Those days are gone.

Reaction Score
Well, Saniya played 36 minutes last night, and scored 3 points. Yes, she did have 5 very nice assists. She was 0 for 3 on 3 point attempts. I can remember when Saniya was a freshman, she would enter a game and almost instantly put up a three. I think she set a record. Those days are gone.
Maybe not gone (remember FSU?). Geno's infamous comment during last year's NC game aside, he has to trust her somewhat, and she has to come through at least somewhat. It's conceivable that Molly will become serviceable as 3rd guard sometime this year, but it's unrealistic to believe that she can come in and put up 10 or more in an important game; and Saniya is far more than just capable of doing that.

Reaction Score
Well, Saniya played 36 minutes last night, and scored 3 points. Yes, she did have 5 very nice assists. She was 0 for 3 on 3 point attempts. I can remember when Saniya was a freshman, she would enter a game and almost instantly put up a three. I think she set a record. Those days are gone.[

She's not the first choice cutting to the basket, but she is so quick, needing to get to the rim right away. She will pass back out if covered, but she seems to know she's not the first offensive option. But her second-half breakthrough at Florida showed of what she's capable, looking to score and scoring. It's the defense that's lacking, not fighting through the screens, getting caught, watching the opponent come down the lane for a layup. She's a finesse player needing a nightly confidence boost. She should attack and never look back. Get mad, Saniya.

Reaction Score

They didn't need her to be the big scorer last night. That's exactly what they didn't need her to do. She was the "table setter" who hit the cutting players with passes (Napheesa) for easy buckets.
When you have Katie Lou on your team you can do that.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hopes and needs, but how many expectations? If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. November is about to be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom