We lost this game on defense | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We lost this game on defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ther definitely can't use their hands. I saw quite a few hand checks to hips on drives. As poorly as we played on both end, we lost by 3. I hope to look back at this game and say it was the worse game we played all year. That said cause did it several immortality shots. Granted they wee open looks, but they still knocked them down.

Either I started drinking early or spell checker sucks.

Reaction Score
It was hard to watch. The bigs hedged and their retreat was too slow or they stuck too long. Lydon made a killing off of mismatches both scoring and getting to the line. And they had numerous open looks due to confusion on who was going to get out to the shooters - it was painful to watch and not UConn like defense at all.

Lydon was taking practice shots from 3, and had one nice move in the paint. He was 4/10 from the floor but got to the line 8 times. Witjer will score 40 if we play D like that in 20 minutes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I agree with the assessment of our defense. It will improve.

I also think that if we had "the guy" who was stepping up and making shots at the end of a possession, we'd have won comfortably.

We are a young team and heartbreaking losses like this are a part of the growth process.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The FT discrepancy is interesting. We've completely dominated each of our opponents, save cuse, in every aspect of the game, except FTs. How are teams like duke and Louisville doing?

Duke never has, nor ever will, have trouble in the free throw department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom