We lost despite finding a quarterback | The Boneyard

We lost despite finding a quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Once again, McEntee was fanastic today. Yes, WMU dropped a pick or two, but he lit them up today for 300 yards and three touchdowns. We put up 31 points today! Griffin was awful, dropping a pass and fumbling the ball there at the end of this game, and Kashif Moore had a key drop (otherwise he was very good). Oh, and I won't even speak of the defense.

We are a brutally bad team...absolutely one of the worst 20 teams in the country. We are not very talented, are undisciplined as hell, and don't appear to be very well coached. I will note that everyone's favorite scapegoat Deleone called a great game today and kept us in the ballgame in the second half.

We have lost to Western Michigan, Iowa State, and Vanderbilt. Please stop spinning these losses as acceptable. All of those teams are terrible...we beat comparable WMU and Iowa State teams in 2003 and 2002.

The consensus on this board was that if a quarterback emerged, we would have a good season. For 2 and a half games now, we have had a good passing game, yet we still absolutely suck. Hate to say it, but the glory run under Edsall is done and we are looking at dark times. We won't go 2-10 -- Syracuse and Rutgers are still worse than we are -- but our season is over.

Reaction Score
we will not win a game the rest of the season....this is a bad football team...

Reaction Score
I disagree, we will definitely win another game. Don't think we will be bowling, but we will definitely win another game (I just realized how embarrassing I sound. I am convincing myself we could win another game. One.)

And as for McEntee, his progress is very encouraging, but he needs to improve his accuracy. Needs it at 60% at the least.

Reaction Score
I disagree, we will definitely win another game. Don't think we will be bowling, but we will definitely win another game (I just realized how embarrassing I sound. I am convincing myself we could win another game. One.)

And as for McEntee, his progress is very encouraging, but he needs to improve his accuracy. Needs it at 60% at the least.
I echo your thought(s) here completely.

Reaction Score
Coming off a BCS bowls, HCPP could of had the Uconn fanbase in his hands with this cup cake schedule.....We wont even get to a bowl game....that is not acceptable when there is 120 DI teams and 50+ go to bowls

Reaction Score
Coming off a BCS bowls, HCPP could of had the Uconn fanbase in his hands with this cup cake schedule.....We wont even get to a bowl game....that is not acceptable when there is 120 DI teams and 50+ go to bowls

Not for nothing, but we did lose a 2,ooo yard rusher, his backup (essentially the entire backfield), an all big east guard, and 2 4 year starting linebackers. Not very easy to replace. Especially the backfield.

Reaction Score
Once again, McEntee was fanastic.

If McEntee was fantastic then we watched a different game. That pass that went thru the WMU DB's hands for a UConn reception was a complete gift. The late reception to Griffin at the sideline was thrown into double coverage and should have been an INT. He holds the ball too long and takes bad sacks. The deep thow to Kashif in the 4th was under thrown. Moreover, to say he was fantastic "once again" is laughable.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
If McEntee was fantastic then we watched a different game. That pass that went thru the WMU DB's hands for a UConn reception was a complete gift. The late reception to Griffin at the sideline was thrown into double coverage and should have been an INT. He holds the ball too long and takes bad sacks. The deep thow to Kashif in the 4th was under thrown. Moreover, to say he was fantastic "once again" is laughable.

He had some passes go through our WR's fingers. I don't blame him for today's loss. I am pleased with his play...statistics do not lie.

Reaction Score
As long as we continue to play teams who can't catch on D, McEntee should be average as a QB.

God forbid we find one who can catch, watch out.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

You would have been happy at the #22 bowl?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I didn't see the whole game due to the worst game ever played by Cuse and Rutgers, Mac didn't turn it over so he's definitely showing improvement over the past 2 games.

But he still hasn't scored or not turn it over against a BCS team yet so next week will be brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
You would have been happy at the #22 bowl?
I personally wouldn't be overjoyed at a mediocre bowl, but recognizing the loss of significant contributors on last year's team, and the transition to a new coach and systems, I would have viewed a bowl game as a smooth transition and a vehicle to 2-3 more weeks of valuable practice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom