We look competent... | The Boneyard

We look competent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Very true. The haters had a tough time of it for the first 3/4ths of the game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Clear improvement today. Fans were very into it, responding to the quality of play.

I thought they played better today, overall, than the Michigan game last year.

Reaction Score
The defense played well. Shut down a running game that put up huge numbers a week ago. A couple wide open what the heck plays. But I agree overall they looked better. Have to quit with the turnovers. They're crushing. Week after week its the same issues. No worse way to suck the life out of the stadium and the team than a turnover. If they avoided the turnovers we were looking at a win. They were in this game and they very well could have and should have won.

Reaction Score
If you said we'd be down 24-21 in the 4th and the Rent would be rocking.....not sure I would have bought it.

There is measurable progress going on. Boise had something like 63 plays in the first half last week. I think they had 53 the WHOLE game today. You could say BYU and Boise run somewhat similar offenses. We were ready for Boise today (for the most part).

The OL is in a Jeckyl/Hyde mode right now. Knappe looked like he was playing in his first game at OT (which he was)

A lot to like today.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We played great, the fans were great. Only thing missing was the win...

Reaction Score
And haven't had much luck - going down 21 points off turnover on the first series each game hurts.

But the improvement week-week is there.
When they finally figure out which spikes to wear we might have a prayer.

Reaction Score
There is a lot more good than bad to take away from this game. I didn't think it was possible to be in the game like we were. There are still glaring holes, and Diaco annoyed me a bit today, but you can sense progress.

Reaction Score
Definitely happy overall with the improvement and the effort on both sides. OL still a work in progress. We are still limited there and at QB. That and a little better playcalling hurting our receivers and our offense overall. Silly turnovers need to stop. Good but work to do and decisions to make.

Reaction Score
There is a lot more good than bad to take away from this game. I didn't think it was possible to be in the game like we were. There are still glaring holes, and Diaco annoyed me a bit today, but you can sense progress.

Boise isn't a great team. Just a little ahead of us right now. This was a winnable game.

Reaction Score
We are in good hands with Diaco. Really like our defense and special teams right now, so Diaco is 2/3 rds of the way there.

BTW Boyle has improved his footwork significantly from last year, all aboard the Boyle train, really like what I saw from him, he looked polished today, he never looked polished last year.

The future is bright, and we still have a chance to go bowling this year IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I give almost every coach a pass in their first year on the head scratching decisions. I'm encouraged by the progress from game one to game three. USF is getting throttled at home against NC State. It would be something to start league play with a win on the road. Taggart has not impressed me at as a coach so far.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn was an FBS football team today, something it didn't look like the last two weeks. The turnovers were brutal, but this was a huge improvement over last week.

Reaction Score
They competed with Boise and showed clear improvement. Can't forget Diaco's digging out of the giant hole the was dug by P and with players he didn't recruit, so he's not going to get out in three weeks, much less against a BYU team clearly on another level than us, and a strong Boise program. But it's encouraging to see that we were consistently able to make plays and look like a legitimate football team for good stretches, that was not the case in the first two weeks.

Have to see if that improves, we now have three very winnable games in a row, 3-0 would be tremendous, 2-1 would be good, anything less is unacceptable. 6-6 is still a realistic goal for this team and would be an excellent first year for Diaco to build on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom