We look better with Hamilton at 4/Kudos to Samuel | The Boneyard

We look better with Hamilton at 4/Kudos to Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Out of all of the players on this team, I think Samuel gets the most underserved . He's not a natural facilitator and he has an ugly shot, but he is a talented team ballplayer. He is no longer a liability handling the ball and playing his role in the offense. To suggest a) Beverly/D. Smith/Trice would be better than him or b) that he doesn't belong on this team is ludicrous.

Reaction Score
Yes Dham at the 4 gives us the best chance as he creates mismatches. KF really does anything for us besides a couple rebounds. He really hasn't been that impressive at all this year but we knew he would be a potential weak point to the team. We didn't know we would be weak at C and SG also. LOL!

Reaction Score
There is no doubt that we are better with Hamilton at the 4, no clue why Ollie has been so reluctant to use it this year. Hamilton causes huge mismatches on offense and despite his size he's also arguably our best rebounder.

Reaction Score
There is no doubt that we are better with Hamilton at the 4, no clue why Ollie has been so reluctant to use it this year. Hamilton causes huge mismatches on offense and despite his size he's also arguably our best rebounder.
We look better with dham at the 4. Dham looks way better at the four. Loved his all around effort tonight.

Reaction Score
I notice a lot of Hamilton's shots are short off the front rim. Is he holding back? I know he likes to alley oop to Brimah, but when Brimah is not there he needs to let loose and let it go. He can easily get 20ppg if he loosens up, and take a lot of pressure off of Ryan. Maybe I am wrong, but it is what I see.

Reaction Score
I notice a lot of Hamilton's shots are short off the front rim. Is he holding back? I know he likes to alley oop to Brimah, but when Brimah is not there he needs to let loose and let it go. He can easily get 20ppg if he loosens up, and take a lot of pressure off of Ryan. Maybe I am wrong, but it is what I see.
I definitely wouldn't say 20ppg but 14-16 isn't unfathomable.

Reaction Score
I wrote a while back that this team might benefit from a lineup of omar,dham,brimah,purv and boat. I think its worth a try as we have nothing to lose at this point.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I wrote a while back that this team might benefit from a lineup of omar,dham,brimah,purv and boat. I think its worth a try as we have nothing to lose at this point.
Especially when playing a zone

Reaction Score
This has been obvious all year. I hope KO would consider playing this line up to start games and use Facey as Brimah's back up.

Reaction Score
Agree DHam at the 4 for so many reasons. He's our best rebounder, he can do a lot with the ball on offense, he defends well and there's not a lot of huge PF's in our league that create real awful mismatches. The one thing he has to do now is be sure of what his decision and plan is as he gets to the lane. I believe he short arms his shots because his first thought is to look for AB and if he's not in position he takes the shot. He needs to turn the corner and see which is the best option because if he thinks SHOOt he'll make more of those floaters.

Kentan has a ways to go. He showed a little spurt yesterday and then fell of the planet again. He really hurt us on the defensive end in the first half losing his own man as well as not playing any help defense. Not just him either, Amida is right there with him. They both have so much more to learn but I think they can get there, HOPE they can get there.

TSam had a nice game, just the way it should be although in shorter minutes eventually he'll be more productive. He was solid with the ball and made some solid drives to the basket. He was more of what we needed him to be for sure. They moved the ball much better as a whole team in the 2nd half.

Nolan played some solid minutes too, instead of getting trapped he threw it back out for open looks or the opportunity to keep it moving.

Reaction Score
The thing is DHam has to be willing to go after the offensive glass which he did yesterday and against Houston but he didnt do much previously. The problem if he doesnt is we will have 4 guys hanging around the 3 point line with just Brimah getting bullied downlow. If DHam wants to bang downlow and go after the offensive glass then I say lets start him there and sit Facey.

Facey to me is a role player on any other UConn team but because we have no quality bigs he has been forced into a starting pivotal role. Hes not ready yet.

Reaction Score
The thing is DHam has to be willing to go after the offensive glass which he did yesterday and against Houston but he didnt do much previously. The problem if he doesnt is we will have 4 guys hanging around the 3 point line with just Brimah getting bullied downlow. If DHam wants to bang downlow and go after the offensive glass then I say lets start him there and sit Facey.

Facey to me is a role player on any other UConn team but because we have no quality bigs he has been forced into a starting pivotal role. Hes not ready yet.
I agree and lets put in either OC or RP at the starting SF position. KF is a bench player right now.
Also, it makes starting TS easier as you still have 3 viable scoring options on the floor and AB. Like the OP said TS played very well last night and should be starting right now but we shouldn't have KF also in the starting lineup when he is on the floor due to lack of scoring.

Reaction Score
I agree and lets put in either OC or RP at the starting SF position. KF is a bench player right now.
Also, it makes starting TS easier as you still have 3 viable scoring options on the floor and AB. Like the OP said TS played very well last night and should be starting right now but we shouldn't have KF also in the starting lineup when he is on the floor due to lack of scoring.

Agree 100% Samuel earned his way into starting unit. Facey with Brimah is too raw for the first 5. D Ham Samuel Purvis Boatright Brimah

Reaction Score
FYI: In the 14-0 run we started the second half with, DHam was at least partly responsible for 11 of those points: 4 of his own, two oops to Brimah, and a Boat 3 in transition (this is why he can be so dangerous)

Reaction Score

He needs to hit the weight room with Brimah and Hamilton.

Reaction Score
My starting lineup would be Brimah/Ham/Purvis/Sam/Boat. I liked how strong purvis took it to the hoop. If his wrist is ok - start him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom