We knew Boise would be brutal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We knew Boise would be brutal

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Gotta win the press conference...

I get what you’re saying, but there’s something to be said about a coach going off. We need to hear that what happened was not acceptable under any circumstance

Reaction Score
It’s a sad day when URI is the critical bar for success...beating then means nothing and there’s a good chance we don’t.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We hear that very year and then a bunch of guys go to the NFL.

Our players are NOT as bad as they are playing.
I doubt our true freshman are going to the NFL.

It's been a long haul of suck but it is only year 2 of REv2. Give it time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At our present level of ineptitude, there's a third possibility. We could lose to the Rams, they get to take the Ramnapping Trophy out of our trophy case in the sports museum, and back to Kingston with them.
Hmmm, is that better or worse than their just leaving it on the bench?

We won't lose to URI.

Reaction Score
The old saying "It's not about the X's and O's; it's Jimmy's and Joe's" was never more evident. One play stands out in my mind late in the 3rd Q. UConn had the ball, brought a receiver in motion from the outside to the corner on a run play to block the OLB. Everything went according to the scheme, except the OLB threw the blocker 5 yards and blasted the RB. The coaching was there. BSU just had an immensely better Jimmy.

This is a young team. A very, very young team. They were playing a top 20 team on the road. They were playing a team that needs to slaughter inferior competition to attempt to impress the voters and computer that gives as a default massive pop to P5 schools in the polls. They were coming off a beating from the team that was arguably the National Champion last year. What did anyone expect?

Only time will tell if the guys that HCRE has brought in have the mental makeup to take their lumps, learn from game to game, and move the program forward. But, IMHO, aside from HCRE's recruiting, it's up to Jimmy and Joe.
Our Jimmy should have knocked the OLB on his rearend... he had the angle and leverage... that was no aggression or football instinct on display.. in our day the word would be a P...sy

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I hope this was sarcasm because those numbers are very wrong. Think about it. Your average freshman comes in at 18 (sometimes 17) so he is 21 when his senior year starts. Your average redshirt senior probably wouldn’t even be 23.1 years old.
I think it is more likely that division 1 athletes are held back a year in grade school and enter college at 18 or older.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Hmmm, is that better or worse than their just leaving it on the bench?

We won't lose to URI.

I hope you're right, but I'm beginning to have grave doubts.

Reaction Score
I have no idea whether these numbers are correct. I googled “the youngest college football teams 2018”. This information came from the first article that came up. It was a ranking of the average age of the players on each team. It’s possible that this site (Hero Sports) has an issue with certain teams or conferences.

How is BYU not the oldest?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
BYU was five places behind UCONN with an average age of 23.5 years. They were younger than only Utah State and Arizona State.
We must have a couple of middle aged guys hurting the average.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Completely and thoroughly overmatched in our first 2 games. I'd say things like "team needs to stay focused and mentally tough and keep playing blah blah blah..." but this defense is not a FBS level defense. Not even close. Either need to seriously think about change in scheme and/or change in personnel. URI is about to put at least 30-something points on us and I'm not confident whatsoever in our ability to keep up.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Completely and thoroughly overmatched in our first 2 games. I'd say things like "team needs to stay focused and mentally tough and keep playing blah blah blah..." but this defense is not a FBS level defense. Not even close. Either need to seriously think about change in scheme and/or change in personnel. URI is about to put at least 30-something points on us and I'm not confident whatsoever in our ability to keep up.

Dooley! Welcome back

Reaction Score
....Never seen a team get beat so badly on both sides of the ball on every single play so consistently......

The speed of the UConn players was non-existent versus the hyper-speed of Boise State.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
BYU was five places behind UCONN with an average age of 23.5 years. They were younger than only Utah State and Arizona State.
Our two deep is 50% freshman. That's what counts.

Reaction Score
If you google “youngest college football teams in 2018” uconn shows up as one of the oldest with an average age of 23.1. Only 8 schools have an average age of players older than 24.1. Arizona State and Arizona are the only P5 schools with older teams.
All our freshmen are 22?

Reaction Score
There was a ton of bad technique, but i think its more of a case of being shell-shocked, overwhelmed, and the game being too fast for them than not trying.
Who is Peart’s backup? He would have been in in Q1 if I was coaching. Send a message.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom