We just stink at winning time | The Boneyard

We just stink at winning time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The TO by Adams was huge.

The foul (by Nolan?) to give up the lead was just stupid.

And no one could make a shot when it would win the game.

Three plays where we could have won, we choked on all of them.

Reaction Score
The TO by Adams was huge.

The foul (by Nolan?) to give up the lead was just stupid.

And no one could make a shot when it would win the game.

Three plays where we could have won, we choked on all of them.

Huh? The refs had HUGE balls to even call a foul when there was no apparent foul. I mean they watched Purvis get ripped and they called that crap. Please not on Nolan. Phil wasn't too good tonight but it had little to do with him. Our possessions in which we didn't get shots off when we had 55 and the lead about 4 of 5 times is THE reason.

Reaction Score
Can we not talk about refs? This game was lost due to an inept team that can't run any semblance of an offense. Only difference between this game and gtown is Bearcats made a play or two at the end. You can't win games executing on offense like they have last two games. This has been a theme all season so we should not be surprised.

Reaction Score
2 consecutive shot clock violations that late in the game is absolutely inexcusable. That almost makes me madder than anything else
They had good defense but we had to get a shot off, inexcusable.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
How many air ball floaters tonight. How many shots 5 feet from the basket clanking off the front of the rim. DHam with an air ball floater, I like Miller but how many did he clank off the rim. I see a big difference in scoring there. So many scoring opportunities. Go crazy on a downtown three but miss two fouls shots. We needed this one.

Reaction Score
Gibbs ripped that 9 point run of 3's, but without that we are a bad shooting team. Honestly I don't know why the coaches can't have some plays that gets Gibbs, a real shooter some decent looks. He cannot create those on his own but if he had some room I will take my chances with him. Our guards are not all equal putting the ball up and KO needs to recognize that.

Reaction Score
I said this before in another thread...why would we not instruct our players to attack the rim during crunch time. The ball just kept on moving around the perimeter...They were all of the sudden afraid to be aggressive and get to the line.

Reaction Score
Just saw the last play again... Play was for Purvis and Gibbs went on his own. He had either Adams or Purvis on the kick out there and instead elected to throw up that crap. This team has a tendency to make some terrible decisions.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Its just really frustrating (during WINNING time seeing them try to protect a lead of 4 and then 2 with a couple minutes left), dribbling away most of the shot clock and then having no good offensive play to get off a decent look. When the shot clock was down to 10 seconds, you just new they wouldn't be able to get off a good shot at the end. They shouldn't have been protecting the tiny lead like that as that was asking for trouble. Kemba, Bazz were the only ones (and could say Boat) who would be able to get off a shot and make it in the final seconds of a the shot clock.

With 2 minutes left it was a 60/40 game in our favor and its frustrating we didn't stay aggressive on the offensive end which cost us.

Reaction Score
Just saw the last play again... Play was for Purvis and Gibbs went on his own. He had either Adams or Purvis on the kick out there and instead elected to throw up that crap. This team has a tendency to make some terrible decisions.

Even so, we had three cracks at it and no one made a play. Gibbs missed, Miller missed, Adams missed, no one had the poise or the onions to get it done. The all shot the ball like they had ping pong paddles for hands. No one even got close.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Calhoun was a master at running down the clock. Even though it often narrowed the score, he'd usually wind up with the win. I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of it as it often takes teams out of their rhythm. We don't have guy who can make something out of nothing if we get in trouble at the end of the shot clock. I'd rather see us get into our offense sooner.

I shared that advice with my tv during the game, although the language was a bit different.

Reaction Score
Even so, we had three cracks at it and no one made a play. Gibbs missed, Miller missed, Adams missed, no one had the poise or the onions to get it done. The all shot the ball like they had ping pong paddles for hands. No one even got close.

Agreed. Just not a fan of the going "rogue" strategy there by Gibbs. You have to get a good shot. Gibbs did not. Miller had an in-traffic put back and Jalen had a turnaround, fallaway 3. So while we had three chances, Gibbs poor decision set up everything else.

Reaction Score
Calhoun was a master at running down the clock. Even though it often narrowed the score, he'd usually wind up with the win.

We blew a 20 point lead against Clemson in the Tate game when JC took the air out of the ball. He obviously got to be pretty good at this strategy (when he had dominant guards), but I remember it being an adventure in his early years. Half-Court offense was never JCs forte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom