We hired the wrong hurley !!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We hired the wrong hurley !!!

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
I'm aware the situations aren't comparable. I'm still tired of the "rebuild" nonsense. Every single player on this roster is someone Hurley chose to have on the roster. We've been ranked most of the season. We are not still rebuilding. Our roster is full of experience and 4-star players--exactly what you'd want in a team. If we are missing key pieces of a team like more ball-handling and shooting, that is Hurley's fault. Period.
You’re right. We’re not.

We’ve been ranked top 25 for most of this year

We’ve been pulling in highly rated recruits, stealing players out of the back yards of programs like Villanova, Syracuse, and Auburn

All coming from Wagner, Northeastern, and a 3 point win to Loyola Marymount

The rebuild was a success, with Hurley to thank

Reaction Score
You’re right. We’re not.

We’ve been pulling in highly rated recruits, stealing players out of the back yards of programs like Villanova, Syracuse, and Auburn

I think he knows and respects that, but the point is Hurley has been here plenty long enough to where the rebuild should no longer be an excuse for losing big games. It is time to win now and coaches who have taken over other down programs have shown it is more than doable in this time frame.

Reaction Score
You’re right. We’re not.

My point is that Hurley calling this a rebuild and using that as an excuse at times is ridiculous. You aren't in a rebuild when 100% of this roster was either recruited or purposefully retained by your head coach. We didn't lose to Creighton because we're in a rebuild. We lost because our team had a terrible night for a whole host of reasons, including our head coach.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
My point is that Hurley calling this a rebuild and using that as an excuse at times is ridiculous. You aren't in a rebuild when 100% of this roster was either recruited or purposefully retained by your head coach. We didn't lose to Creighton because we're in a rebuild. We lost because our team had a terrible night for a whole host of reasons, including our head coach.

I agree with all of that

However, a loss to Creighton is not just cause to lose sight of what we have accomplished over the past several seasons

Not saying you, but I’ve seen a contingent on this board call for Nate Oats, post wrong brother threads, and call for his ass to be on the hot seat

The constant vitriol is net negative for the perception of our program, AP polls, recruiting etc

Reaction Score
When was the last time Hurley mentioned a rebuild? Honest question

Reaction Score
I think he knows and respects that, but the point is Hurley has been here plenty long enough to where the rebuild should no longer be an excuse for losing big games. It is time to win now and coaches who have taken over other down programs have shown it is more than doable in this time frame.
just ask Shaka

Reaction Score
I agree with all of that

However, a loss to Creighton is not just cause to lose sight of what we have accomplished over the past several seasons

Not saying you, but I’ve seen a contingent on this board call for Nate Oats, post wrong brother threads, and call for his ass to be on the hot seat

The constant vitriol is net negative for the perception of our program, AP polls, recruiting etc

Some people are dumb. The people who say nothing is wrong are crazy too. The middle ground is (as usual) as close to accurate as you'll find.

We have some adversity to overcome right now--we are at a seasonal low point. A win tonight puts the ship pretty close to back on course.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I don't think a rebuild consists solely of a roster you built - it's culture too.

Look I think DH has some issues but overall? He's doing well. We probably would have been in the tourney 2yrs ago, we were last year, and we will this year - from where we were I think that's pretty damn good. Do I want more? Hell yes! But it takes time - we've got to get people (fans, students, players) to believe in UCONN again and I think we're on the right path for that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom