We have to pitch in and buy Bouknight a knights armor | The Boneyard

We have to pitch in and buy Bouknight a knights armor

Reaction Score
Pick your spots is right. He tried to jump over like 3 dudes for a putback near the end of the game and got lit up. Not worth the potential injury!

Reaction Score
JB better get used to it because it's not gonna stop at this level or the next. Defenders know that he doesn't have the physical strength to adjust to their physicality on him. He has to use his foot speed/change of pace and vertical explosiveness to avoid contact.

Opposing coaches know that it's a way to get into his head.

Reaction Score
He flys through the rafters! I’ll buy him some knee and elbow pads. A helmet as well. And maybe a cape.

Reaction Score
James is fearless. I love how hard he plays. I would change his shoes though. He seems to slip a few times each game.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Glad someone popped the $20 for an elbow pad at least, I was thinking we were going to need to pass the collection plate.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
Glad someone popped the $20 for an elbow pad at least, I was thinking we were going to need to pass the collection plate.
I dunno. It looked like someone simply cut up a padded shooting sleeve.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I hope Hurley picks and chooses his spots to get James some rest throughout these games. He sat for about 2 minutes of game time last night, but because there was a media timeout and a few other stoppages the real rest time was longer and I thought he looked pretty rested when he came back in compared to the few minutes he had played before that.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I was glad to see DH sitting him those minutes too, Bouk clearly is still working on getting back to 40m running.

That was a great moment from him you posted there :) What time is it? Bouk time!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
What I think I saw was a squad looking for Bouk to take over, and they would enable and watch.

They almost dared the Hoyas to stop him. Which, they actually did a pretty good job of, even considering both teams were leaving everything up to Bouk.

When they don't over-rely on Bouk, they play much better, as a team.

Taking Bouk out, for a couple of minutes, puts the team's head back in the right place.

I think.

Reaction Score
JB = Paladin

A man without armor in a savage land.
1614187104882.png

Reaction Score
What does this mean?
Not sure if there is another player in the history of basketball who sacrificed his body like AI. He was fearless as hell. Sure he's a HOFer, but he never looked for protection (i.e. knight's armor).

Bouk seems to play similarly. He should be coached (or advised) to scale it back and wait till he has a contract to play with so much abandon and bodily sacrifice. But AI couldn't play any other way, so I don't expect Bouk to either.

My post was a compliment comparing Bouk to AI especially after a Georgetown game.

Reaction Score
Allen Iverson didn't need one. Just saying.

I was a Georgetown season ticket holder during Iverson's time at Georgetown (and before). Those teams were very tough and nobody messed with them, not to mention the physical presence that John Thompson brought to the sideline. He protected his players and intimidated refs. Opponents pushed around Iverson (or any G'town player) at their own risk. Hell, Iverson himself was intimidating little dude.

Reaction Score
Not sure if there is another player in the history of basketball who sacrificed his body like AI. He was fearless as hell. Sure he's a HOFer, but he never looked for protection (i.e. knight's armor).

Bouk seems to play similarly. He should be coached (or advised) to scale it back and wait till he has a contract to play with so much abandon and bodily sacrifice. But AI couldn't play any other way, so I don't expect Bouk to either.

My post was a compliment comparing Bouk to AI especially after a Georgetown game.
I don't think Bouk plays nearly as hard as AI. Bouk is smooth and does take some chances going to the rim but it looks more like he just gets knocked over easily.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That's the truth. He needs Hurley to protect him by riding the refs whenever he is hit.

My sister has a cat named scrappy. Are you a cat?
Uhhhh I’m here live I’m not a cat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom