We have the 20th best recruiting class coming in | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We have the 20th best recruiting class coming in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
C'mon. We maybe have 1.5 PG's on our roster for next year as of now. Cassell is not one in my eyes, Terrence needs to become a better ball handler and passer, and we aren't otally

Cassell is a PG. I truly believe that he will show us next season what he is really capable of doing. He battled through injuries this whole year. Look at what he did in the exhibition games. That's just a glimpse of how talented he is. And Samuel does need to become a better ball handler but he is a PG. So in my opinion, we have 3 PG's. I'm not saying we couldn't use another but as far as I'm concerned there's 3 on our roster.

Reaction Score
Cassell is a PG. I truly believe that he will show us next season what he is really capable of doing. He battled through injuries this whole year. Look at what he did in the exhibition games. That's just a glimpse of how talented he is. And Samuel does need to become a better ball handler but he is a PG. So in my opinion, we have 3 PG's. I'm not saying we couldn't use another but as far as I'm concerned there's 3 on our roster.
Samuel is a PG no doubt, but true PG's are double threats in passing and scoring, which as of now he isn't. And i want to see Cassell develop into a PG as much as anyone, but i think he is a wing type spot up shooter who can occasionally run point in some situations.

Reaction Score
Samuel is a PG no doubt, but true PG's are double threats in passing and scoring, which as of now he isn't. And i want to see Cassell develop into a PG as much as anyone, but i think he is a wing type spot up shooter who can occasionally run point in some situations.
I don't think you meant to use those words but instead slasher to describe TS. He definitely isn't a shooter in any sense of the word unless you are talking FT line. LOL! Terrance is a slashing 2 guard who can play d but is very limited offensively due to having no outside shot and lack of dribbling skills.

Reaction Score
I don't think you meant to use those words but instead slasher to describe TS. He definitely isn't a shooter in any sense of the word unless you are talking FT line. LOL! Terrance is a slashing 2 guard who can play d but is very limited offensively due to having no outside shot and lack of dribbling skills.

He was very clearly talking about Cassell.

Reaction Score
He was very clearly talking about Cassell.
Ok my bad! I missed that one. I still have some hope to SC as he can definitely dribble and has good form on his shot. Problem with him is he athletic enough to compete.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt as he had injury problems last year that might have slowed him down. Either way he did run the offense well when RB was out as long as he didn't shoot. LOL!

Reaction Score
I know the sky is falling and the AAC is killing us and the recruiting staff can't close, but there are about 331 other schools who would gladly trade recruiting classes with us, at least according to 247. ESPN has us at 21, even though they conspire against us with every waking moment.

Deep breaths.
Uconn probably isn't done. Look at what Frank the Tank did at Wisconsin. It would be great for Uconn to get a big kid who could be at least a threat from the foul line. This 7' Greek kid who shoots 3's would open the floor up when bigs have to come out and guard him. Euro bigs tend to have more "skills". Uconn needs more players who can put the ball in the hoop.

Reaction Score
Uconn probably isn't done. Look at what Frank the Tank did at Wisconsin. It would be great for Uconn to get a big kid who could be at least a threat from the foul line. This 7' Greek kid who shoots 3's would open the floor up when bigs have to come out and guard him. Euro bigs tend to have more "skills". Uconn needs more players who can put the ball in the hoop.

That would be really useful if the 7' Greek kid were going to be playing at UConn, but he's going to be playing professionally in Greece.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Yes and our football team has three quarterbacks, none of them named Winston.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
We have a threat from the foul line, Brimah. But he was posting up for some reason.

Reaction Score
Yes and our football team has three quarterbacks, none of them named Winston.

You just wait and see. Cassell is going to be a good player for this program and I can't wait to see him prove everyone on here wrong.

Reaction Score
When was our last successful recruiting haul and when was the one prior to that? It feels like the trend of lean years between hits is growing
I'd say the haul of Boatright, Drummond, Daniels was pretty okay.

Reaction Score
We have a threat from the foul line, Brimah. But he was posting up for some reason.
He has an "okay" jumper out to the freethrow line but is not a threat to drive like Big Frank.

Reaction Score
What ever happened to that football recruit who was also considering playing basketball? I don't remember his name or if he even ended up attending UConn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What ever happened to that football recruit who was also considering playing basketball? I don't remember his name or if he even ended up attending UConn.

Jordan Fuchs ended up walking on at Indiana.

Reaction Score
I'm okay with the ranking, but I just hope the coaches aren't satisfied at being ranked @ 20.

we'll get one more. 2011 we were ranked about 20-21, but, as Calhoun said, "I thought we had the best recruiting class in the country."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom