We Have Exactly One Explosive Player But Don't Give Him The Ball... | The Boneyard

We Have Exactly One Explosive Player But Don't Give Him The Ball...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Can someone, anyone please explain why we don't get the ball to Nick Williams on offense. I know its been discussed throughout the year but its really making me insane today. Every time he touches the ball he makes something good happen yet, amazingly, we don't get the ball to him on offense. Mystifying indeed.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Maybe because we have issues with our QB?

Not getting the ball to Williams is about 23rd on the list of issues with this offense. I agree with what you are saying, but this game is awful on so many levels.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Maybe because we have issues with our QB?

Not getting the ball to Williams is about 23rd on the list of issues with this offense. I agree with what you are saying, but this game is awful on so many levels.

We were able to get it to Kashif on a reverse. I think we could figure out how to do the same for Williams. JMac sucks throwing from a 7 step drop, how about Williams on a slant? I played and coached football for many, many years and you find a way to get the ball to your explosive players. Im not sure how getting the ball in the hands of your best offensive players is "23rd on the list of issues". Seems to me its got to be in the top 3.

Reaction Score
Nick Williams needs to be on the field - we need to play more 3WR sets. Enough with this Double TE Stop

Reaction Score
Just because a player is good on special teams does not mean it will translate to the offensive side of the game. That being said, I'm down for trying anything at this point. Put him out there.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Just because a player is good on special teams does not mean it will translate to the offensive side of the game. That being said, I'm down for trying anything at this point. Put him out there.
A playmaker is a playmaker and we only have one. Give him the ball.

Reaction Score
A playmaker is a playmaker and we only have one. Give him the ball.

Agreed. He had two big catch & runs on the short slant in the Buffalo game (albeit it was Buffalo). The kid makes things happen. Get him out there on offense.

C

Chief00

Actually we have 2 explosive players Williams and McCummings and it is a mystery how few plays our offense can find for them.....???????

Reaction Score
I think Kash fits the explosive tag more than Nick but our inability to throw the ball limits them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom