We have Azzi and they don't | The Boneyard

We have Azzi and they don't

Reaction Score
Best quote: “You’ve seen in games where she just completely dominates the game, even for a freshman. So as long as she has the ability to do that, her being on the court automatically removes at least one defender from everybody else because you have to guard her the entire 40 minutes that she’s out there. I very rarely take her out for that reason.”

We all have to come to terms with reality. Azzi is the best offensive player on the floor as Paige heals and that's all this article is saying. Whether she makes or misses it really doesn't matter. The threat of her scoring is enough. Teams guard her like she's Stephen Curry and she still does damage.

1. She's a true freshman (shout out to Pam Ward for this non-sense)
2. Her season started in January basically because of injuries
3. She's coming off a COVID high school year where she is not used to fans, let alone the UConn machine
4. And she has more hype and publicity than anyone not named Paige Bueckers

I think she drops 20+ vs Indiana tomorrow

Reaction Score
Also she has crazy quick hands - stripping the ball, "sudden" assist passes. The reaction time of an elite hockey goalie. I try hard to not blink on her - might miss something.

Reaction Score
The confidence she now shows in crunch time - wanting the ball - this no doubt makes all us Husky fans feel great. It's catch the ball, set the feet, and with that beautiful form and release, send the ball on its dramatic arc toward the hoop - I so, so, love seeing that moment of basketball poetry.

Jim

Reaction Score
It's catch the ball, set the feet, and with that beautiful form and release, send the ball on its dramatic arc toward the hoop - I so, so, love seeing that moment of basketball poetry.
That is not quite right. She sets her feet before the ball arrives, so when it does the knee bend, launch, and follow through are remarkably quick.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
To win this game and every game from here on out we need everybody to show up. We have way to much balance and depth in our balance. If we come out on fire this game could be over early.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom