We have a new coach. Now the players need to step up | The Boneyard

We have a new coach. Now the players need to step up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully the coaching problem is now corrected. Now there are some player concerns I have. The main thing is the on field leadership. One thing that made me cringe was reading two separate articles back in August. The first article was about how the Raiders really liked Sio Moore's leadership and how he was changing the whole attitude of the Raiders defense. I was wondering at the time how much our defense was going to miss that. Then the same week was an article about Yawin Smallwood being named captain. Smallwood talked about how he has never really been a real vocal guy and will have to learn how to be a leader. This didn't ease any of my concerns about the loss of Sio's leadership.

The other thing we need is self motivated players. You can talk all you want about "coaching up players". But 90% of players being coached up is the players motivation to improve. I think of a quote from Marcus Easley his senior year. Marcus had stated that a light came on at the end of his junior year that his career was ending quicker than he realized. He said it really motivated him to work harder and he came back faster and stronger. Now we need a lot of these types of light to go off.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
It is the elephant in the room... do the seniors know what this new life means for them, the chance to jump up and still take a winning record from the season? There will be many more sources for energy now that the coach wants to breathe it. It's there, and if they can catch that fire, well they will be able to walk out with their heads high from this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom