We Have 1 More Loss Than Nova | The Boneyard

We Have 1 More Loss Than Nova

Reaction Score
I hope we get a shot to Nova down in round 3. We can do it and reclaim Beast of the East.

Reaction Score
And our best player missed half the season
This is why I'm so confused about being an 8 seed while they are on the 2/3 line. Our resumes are virtually the exact same. They even have a worse loss than we do (Butler). The amount of disrespect we have gotten this year is sickening. If Duke had our resume they would be on the 4/5 line right now with a chance to move up to the 3 if they won the BET.

Reaction Score
Nova will get the benefit of the doubt EVEN THOUGH THEIR GUY IS DONE FOR THE SEASON. Anyone with eyeballs can see we are a much better team w Bouk and we actually have him back now. Will be very interesting to see how we get treated vs Nova.

Reaction Score
This is why I'm so confused about being an 8 seed while they are on the 2/3 line. Our resumes are virtually the exact same.
They have a worse loss, but they won @Texas, which is certainly better than our neutral USC win.

Also, in conference they've beaten us and Creighton. They're 2-1 against the next best two teams in conference. We're 0-3.

Also, their metrics are much better.

Our resume's aren't as close as you suggest.

Reaction Score
Not sure why so many are hung up on us being disrespected. To me it makes our winning that much more enjoyable. So what if teams with worse or equal records are getting shine? While they are posing, our team is just putting in work.

By the end of the month, every basketball fan will know who we are. I'm just glad to be relevant again!

We are a 4 legged Husky Phoenix with wings, about to scare the crap out of everyone!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What a weird year. SEC teams have played 26 or more games, Big East played 20 and Patriot League played 10. How can the committee fairly seed teams with such a games played disparity?

Reaction Score
They have a worse loss, but they won @Texas, which is certainly better than our neutral USC win.

Also, in conference they've beaten us and Creighton. They're 2-1 against the next best two teams in conference. We're 0-3.

Also, their metrics are much better.

Our resume's aren't as close as you suggest.
If Bouknight and Jackson didn't get injured we literally would have won the regular season title. Our resumes are extremely similar

Reaction Score
If Bouknight and Jackson didn't get injured we literally would have won the regular season title. Our resumes are extremely similar
If Bouknight and Jackson were healthy and we won the regular season title then our resumes would be similar similar.

They were injured. Our resumes aren't similar.

It's not very difficult to be objective on this.

That's not the same as saying that we aren't a better team at this moment. Or that, if we win the BET we might not have a better resume.

But, yeah, you're blinded by your bias.

Reaction Score
We should have eaten a couple more cupcakes.
This. If we had grabbed a few more games instead of the practice time, we could be 17-6 and would be in the 3-4 seed conversation. Will be interesting to see how the committee handles it.

Reaction Score
This is why I'm so confused about being an 8 seed while they are on the 2/3 line. Our resumes are virtually the exact same. They even have a worse loss than we do (Butler). The amount of disrespect we have gotten this year is sickening. If Duke had our resume they would be on the 4/5 line right now with a chance to move up to the 3 if they won the BET.
4/5 line? If it were Dook they'd be getting hyped as a 1/2

Reaction Score
Nova has a great track record the last several years and has earned their respect and won the regular season.

I really don't care where we are seeded I think we can give anyone a run. You may never want to be in the 5/12 game anyway.

As long as coach has us one game at a time AND Bouk can stay healthy we will be at minimum on the edge of our seat against anyone.

Very fun season, I just wish we had more games. The more we play and stay healthy we are getting pretty damned good.

Reaction Score
Posted this in the wrong thread before.

These resumes aren't really that similar. Add that Team A beat Team B head to head and won its conference while the other finished 3rd and jeez, I wonder why one of these is—in a vacuum, when you aren't projecting future results—looks like it'd get a better seed.

TeamRecordNETKenPomBPISagarinQ1Q2Q3Q4
Team A16-51011783-35-27-01-0
Team B14-6322324273-33-35-03-0

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22