We had our shot | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We had our shot

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
damn houston out for blood. they may win every game in this tourney by 20 points.

Reaction Score
I don't see how the gap improves as long as we have to play a lot of Polley and Carlton. They are simply not a good enough frontcourt at this level. Carlton more of a complimentary piece. We need more than just the 3 we have coming in.
did you just say Carlton is not good enough for this level? please delete your account right now hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reaction Score
Were you awake between 1999 and 2014? Of course the basketball gods were bound to even it out.

2011 and 2014 runs had some luck to them, but what JC built between 1994-2009, I don't think you can say we were overwhelmingly lucky over that period.

2 championships out of a dozen or so contending teams, but some significant heartbreak in there as well. The Dyson injury in 2009 may have robbed us of a 3rd championship at the time, or at least an all-time matchup with UNC.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
damn houston out for blood. they may win every game in this tourney by 20 points.

wouldnt shock me.

Reaction Score
did you just say Carlton is not good enough for this level? please delete your account right now hahahahahahahahahahahaha

And what level do you want this program to be at? The one with 16 wins, a losing record, and a 40 point loss in the quarterfinal round of our league tournament? That's what having Josh as the best frontcourt player got us. But compare a frontcourt of him and Polley being backed up by Cobb to any UConn team circa 1990-2014. It's not good enough for the level where most of us want to be at again. Carlton has improved but he is still just a complimentary player. If he's our best frontcourt player the next 2 years, things will not improve as much as we want it to.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Were you awake between 1999 and 2014? Of course the basketball gods were bound to even it out.

I sure hope you're not suggesting we have to endure another 12 seasons of bad luck to "even it out" before it ends. I'm not likely to be alive to see that end.

Reaction Score
All of them? If you disagree with what I said that's fantastic, please share your POV.

In my opinion, Vital is a one dimensional player who hasn't shown much growth at all. Against bad teams/poor defenses he gets his looks and is an effective offensive weapon. When he's not hitting his shots I tend to think he fails to contribute much otherwise on the offensive end and his defense can be atrocious at times.
Your not watching the game.

Reaction Score
Vital has progressed, but I think the biggest knock against him is what can he do if his shot isn't falling? His handles need to improve, and he needs to create off dribble.
CV has a positive impact on every game regardless of if his shot is falling or not. Rebounds, hustles, fights. People can act like losing CV won’t be a big deal, but it’ll hurt us.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If you look st what we had out there Carlton is improving but far from finished big. Polley needs to be an off the bench shooter who plays minutes when he is hitting and goes back the bench when he isn’t. Vital is a 6 th man on a good team. Cobb and Whalley are back up bigs. Basically 10 fouls. Smith is a low A10 talent and Adams is a talent without focus. Playing multiple games back to back required too much concentration for him. Bottom line is this is not a good team, probably a middle of the pack A10 team right now. Ollie took Daddy’s Jag and drove it off the end of the New Haven pier. Hurley pulled it out of the Sound this season. Gonna take longer to get the engine purring again.

"Who's the U boat commander?"

Reaction Score
Don't think AG would have made a difference. Glad we didn't try and rush him back. Still ugh
I think is no doubt that with AG they would have won hands down. No question he will have a full season next year, not get injured, and lead UConn to a national championship!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom