We had 'em all the way! | The Boneyard

We had 'em all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Kib - Oy! Tough road win, a great win for this team, done in such a hostile environment and to a team that did NOT want to lose this game. Kudos to all of you!!!

Reaction Score
Never a doubt.

afraid.gif

Reaction Score
I don't think this loss drops Baylor in the rankings.:D

67 TO GO

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
So much for a 25 point blowout! Who predicted that?

Reaction Score
Kib - Oy! Tough road win, a great win for this team, done in such a hostile environment and to a team that did NOT want to lose this game. Kudos to all of you!!!

Yes indeed that was a great win and for all the reasons you mentioned. Against a team that had a streak to protect and UConn broke it. It's probably a 20 point win on a neutral court.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
It must have been great to see...and Stewie had a double double, so she made up for last year. Bria with 17 points.

How about that Nina Davis, a freshman with 11 points and 17 rebounds. What did you think of her?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
There were a lot of doubts in my mind. Of course, I'm happy we won, and it wasn't flukey, but as the announcers mentioned, the last two times we've led at the half, we lost, so this was no foregone conclusion. We were remarkably good at playing with fouls in the second half, I don't know why they didn't come right at us. Stewis and Stef with 3 fouls at the break and didn't pick up another one. That's part of the reason they managed a comeback, we bad to back off a bit, but a couple more fouls, and we would have been in a heap of touble.

Plus, if Sims could hit a shot - when the last time she hit 16% from the field . Only Higgins at 0-1 shot worse.

Reaction Score
I think margin of victory would have been larger had we shot the ball the way we normally do.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Eight points, two big threes. Not her best game, but she contributed to a team win.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
There were a lot of doubts in my mind. Of course, I'm happy we won, and it wasn't flukey, but as the announcers mentioned, the last two times we've led at the half, we lost, so this was no foregone conclusion. We were remarkably good at playing with fouls in the second half, I don't know why they didn't come right at us. Stewis and Stef with 3 fouls at the break and didn't pick up another one. That's part of the reason they managed a comeback, we bad to back off a bit, but a couple more fouls, and we would have been in a heap of touble.

Plus, if Sims could hit a shot - when the last time she hit 16% from the field . Only Higgins at 0-1 shot worse.
Sims and Davis who took 33 of Baylor's 59 shots both finished with 4 fouls, so they had to be careful themselves, though Sims' 4th didn't come until there were just 3 minutes left.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
It was a true team effort, and I feel good about that aspect of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom