We got that one right. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We got that one right.

Reaction Score
It'll be how UConn blends in new talent with their 4 returning plus Stevens starters and Dangerfield.
Here is the nice thing about Stevens and Batoly (sp) and the 4 returning starters plus Danger---they all had over a year to get Chemistry going and to learn the idiocycracies of each team mate. These 7 now know the GENO system and each other---if the Transfers have half the talent annointed on them --Geno's job this coming year will be teaching 4 new kids his system and to buff up Danger, Kyla, Molly--the hard work has been done with 6--

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
While my head says Danger will be the most improved, my heart says Kyla.

Kyla demonstrated steady improvement as a freshman, and I believe she will be much stronger, quicker and more effective as a sophomore. I don't believe Kyla will passively sit back and concede playing time to the redshirts or incoming freshmen, and that competition will be good for all concerned.

Today is Sunday June 11. At this point (as Sgt. Schultz -Hogan's Heroes - would say)........."We know nothing"!! So, keeping that in mind, if YOU had to guess, which end of the bench do YOU think Irwin and Bent will be sitting on after the first 5 games of the season? I never come to any conclusions before the 5th game of a season. I need at least that many samplings before I can draw a reasonable and intelligent decision on someone (performance), or something (offensive/defensive schemes, rotations etc. ).

Reaction Score
Here's another thought..................... just think about the possibility that Gabby, with her incredible work ethic, just might be the most improved player this coming season... :eek::eek::eek:

THAT Would Be UN-REAL! I can't imagine what she would be capable of.

Another big leap in improvement she will go #1 overall.

Carnac

Reaction Score

As good as Gabby played last year, I know there's still room for improvement. Call me crazy, but I think Gabby is going to throw caution to the wind, and play lights out this season, and dominate games like Dee use to.
Since this will be her last season, she has no reason to hold anything back. I believe it was the Great (HOF) Lawrence Taylor who once said: "Let's go out there, play like a bunch of crazed dogs, and have some fun", or something to that effect. That's what I'll be looking for this season.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Speaking of LEAPS..........How many of you would love to see The Gabulous One do a monstrous DUNK at least once during the upcoming season, preferably early in a game against a top ranked opponent, BEFORE the game was decided???? I would. :p

images

Last edited:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I am going to buck the trend and say that Napheesa will be the most improved. I know, I know, she was so good last year, how can she be the most improved? Well, it will be difficult but let me plead my case.

1. She was limited last summer coming off hip surgery. This year she has an injury - free off season to work on her game.

2. She has the ability and mechanics to be a deadly 3 point shooter and that will be a major ungrade to her game. Shoots them effortlessly. In comparison, while I think Gabby will also improve in this area, she is not quite as mechanically sound as Napheesa. Seems like she releases it on the way up.

3. It will play out differently against different teams, but overall I'm thinking the addition of Stevens means less defensive focus on Napheesa rather than more.

4. I doubt Kyla or Molly will see enough playing time.

5. I think Crystal will improve as well, she is my second place vote.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Speaking of LEAPS.....How many of you would love to see The Gabulous One do a monstrous DUNK at least once during the upcoming season, preferably early in a game against a top ranked opponent, BEFORE the game was decided???? I would. :p

images
Not me. Not worth the risk. Gabby takes my breath away every time she jumps and my breath only returns when she lands safely. No sense risking injury for both of us.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not me. Not worth the risk. Gabby takes my breath away every time she jumps and my breath only returns when she lands safely. No sense risking injury for both of us.
My concern is not so much with Gabby, but with lesser opponents undercutting her when she's elevated. I saw that happen several times this past season, and that caused me to hold my breadth, particularly when Gabby went sprawling on the court in an awkward fall.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Congratulations to the 74 voters that had the fore-sight to see Collier's potential development at the end of the year. I don't know how I missed this poll. I could not find my name.

With so many talented players on Geno's 2017 - 2018 team, it's hard to pick a single player. I expect ALL of the returning players to grow significantly in skill and on-court maturity.

It's hard not to vote for Gabby, but I'm going with Dangerfield, with Gabulous a very close second. So close, there will be no daylight between them. A photo finish.

My thinking here:
Gabby is 2 years further along (at this level) than Crystal, there's not as much upside for her as it is for Dangerous. One will be a senior, the other, a sophomore. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It's hard not to vote for Gabby, but I'm going with Dangerfield, with Gabulous a very close second. So close, there will be no daylight between them. A photo finish.

My thinking here:
Gabby is 2 years further along (at this level) than Crystal, there's not as much upside for her as it is for Dangerous. One will be a senior, the other, a sophomore. :rolleyes:
Remember Gabby didn't play really any basketball her junior and senior years of high school due to injury. So I think she still has a room for a bit more of improvement.

Dangerfield will be red hot and ready to play at the start of the season (coming off of USA U19 and Italy trip).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom