We got destroyed on the boards | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We got destroyed on the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not talking about winning the battle of the boards. We need to be more competitive. We need to get n their and contest for some offensive boards.

And sit out your butt. Don't just stand straight up and down. That's how you box out. Watching Wolfe just get moved under the basket on foul shots is crazy. Sit you butt out. Put your arms wide. and move your body backwards. High school kids do it. It's not that hard to rebound on free throws.

In defense of Wolf on that one foul shot that's totally on the referees and it's fn disgusting. The guy rode him out of bounds as he went for the rebound, it's a foul on the Fordham guy and there's no other way to look at it.......the prior FT's by Fordham Daniels had the advantage on the bottom and #2 the monster dude literally forearmed/shouldered him under the hoop with the ref watching (kid made the FT).......it's called an advantage and the next guy in should not be allowed in that area prior to the shot with his arms or any body part but they are and it needs to stop, it's ridiculous. Happens in HS too, a fat was hammering my kid prior to the shot on a couple so I went baseline in the 2nd half and stood and got into the refs ears and got some calls our way, the other coach was pissed. I went back in the stands, parents laughed, the kid fouled out and all was well!! LOL

Seriously watch the tape, not all on our kids on FT's but everything else it is on our guys and working and reading the rebounds. They aren't very good at either!!!

Reaction Score
In defense of Wolf on that one foul shot that's totally on the referees and it's fn disgusting. The guy rode him out of bounds as he went for the rebound, it's a foul on the Fordham guy and there's no other way to look at it.......the prior FT's by Fordham Daniels had the advantage on the bottom and #2 the monster dude literally forearmed/shouldered him under the hoop with the ref watching (kid made the FT).......it's called an advantage and the next guy in should not be allowed in that area prior to the shot with his arms or any body part but they are and it needs to stop, it's ridiculous. Happens in HS too, a fat was hammering my kid prior to the shot on a couple so I went baseline in the 2nd half and stood and got into the refs ears and got some calls our way, the other coach was pissed. I went back in the stands, parents laughed, the kid fouled out and all was well!! LOL

Seriously watch the tape, not all on our kids on FT's but everything else it is on our guys and working and reading the rebounds. They aren't very good at either!!!

We need you on the UConn baseline! But shouldn't Ollie be doing that?

Reaction Score
The number of boards the front court could get, if their feet ever left the floor, is astro.

Reaction Score
The number of boards the front court could get, if their feet ever left the floor, is astro.

Funny you say that my brother said to me last night our guys never leave their feet and you guys are right!!!!

Reaction Score
We had 15 steals vs 3 so we made up for it on the turnovers, you want to see more rebounding, but this more than makes up for it.

However, that just isn't going to happen against good teams. Nor is shooting over 50 % going to consistently happen against good teams. We are going to be clobbered off the boards in the BE and neither steals or great shooting will be able to overcome out poor rebounding in a lot of our games.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
hopefully some light goes off in one of our bigs, go get the damn ball

I think DD is starting to show some moxie in there, but we need more fight

I surprised Wolf is playing so little

Reaction Score
However, that just isn't going to happen against good teams. Nor is shooting over 50 % going to consistently happen against good teams. We are going to be clobbered off the boards in the BE and neither steals or great shooting will be able to overcome out poor rebounding in a lot of our games.

Hugo, you are right, I was just trying to put a positive spin on a glaring problem.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The problem with Tolksdorf is that he's a bit of a chucker. He's a good passer and works decently well out of the post but seems to want to make his living from beyond the arc, which at this point, is not going to help matters.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure a ball off the rim nailed Wolf in the face yesterday. That was when it really dawned on me that we will be in trouble. I think Facey should help with this next year. I hope.

caw

Reaction Score
The problem with Tolksdorf is that he's a bit of a chucker. He's a good passer and works decently well out of the post but seems to want to make his living from beyond the arc, which at this point, is not going to help matters.

He's not forcing shots though. They are in rhythm and open shots mostly. Could be worse. He also seems to have a great BBIQ.

Reaction Score
I was watching the MSU vs. Texas game (Texas just beat UNC) and saw MSU out rebound Texas and thought "boy as crappy as Uconn rebounds glad we don't have to play that MSU team, they might hurt TO/DD/Wolfey". Then I remembered "we did play them".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom