We get to listen to a real announcer tonight | The Boneyard

We get to listen to a real announcer tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
What a fabulous breath of fresh air. This will probably be the best, most comprehensive (i.e. on 40 minutes' worth of in-person observation) analysis we've gotten all season

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
But Bilas showed a horrible lack of preparation when after Omar's 3, he said "He's not really a 3 point shooter, he's more of a driver."

His primary skill, albeit one that's been on hiatus for the past 5 or 6 weeks, is stroking the three. "More of a driver?" He should only be allowed to drive when it involves one dribble. He gets in a lot of trouble if he has to bounce it more than once.

Reaction Score
RichZ said:
But Bilas showed a horrible lack of preparation when after Omar's 3, he said "He's not really a 3 point shooter, he's more of a driver."

His primary skill, albeit one that's been on hiatus for the past 5 or 6 weeks, is stroking the three. "More of a driver?" He should only be allowed to drive when it involves one dribble. He gets in a lot of trouble if he has to bounce it more than once.

In fairness, saying Omar was anything at all was nice of him. His slump has been all-encompassing.

Reaction Score
I was surprised when Bilas said Calhoun was more of a "driver" as well. In his defense we werent elgible last year for tourney so he probably didnt see us play much last year

Reaction Score
Dave O is awesome. To get a full appreciation for him catch a Sox game in the radio.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Agreed. I watched part of a PC game (against the Hall?) on FS1 and they had two high school girls announcing.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
But seriously how long have we been saying Omar should attack the basket more

Reaction Score
I like Bilas and to be fair, only heard him for the first half, but I thought he mailed this one in.
he was either stating the obvious, or making comments that were just wrong as mentioned above.

And of course, his partner had to mention the proverbial, APR issue in case the viewers weren't aware.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Announcing wise, Bilas even on a bad day is better than 99% of other announcers on their best day. The guy really knows the game. I really miss the McDonough/Bilas/Raftery trio. Damn you CR!

Also, UConn might still get some more of Bilas and/or O'Brien. They have 5 more games on ESPN (main channel), though one of them is the Ville game Saturday for Gameday which means Vitale...

Reaction Score
I really miss the McDonough/Bilas/Raftery trio.

McDonough is great, but I've never really understood the Raftery love. The guy's schtick wears on me. He provides decent enough analysis in a normal tone of voice, but then punctuates it 50 times a game with his terrible fake forced shouting.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Announcing wise, Bilas even on a bad day is better than 99% of other announcers on their best day. The guy really knows the game. I really miss the McDonough/Bilas/Raftery trio. Damn you CR!

Also, UConn might still get some more of Bilas and/or O'Brien. They have 5 more games on ESPN (main channel), though one of them is the Ville game Saturday for Gameday which means Vitale...

Nice wet blanket.

Mute is in play Saturday night.

Reaction Score

Anyone else notice the Mothership's shame(ful) plug of the ACC and B1G games on Saturday but only one or twice during tonight's game did they promote UConn/Louisville. I've seen the promo for Cuse/Pitt and Wisc/Mich all week but only saw our game plugged one or twice and even then it was during tonight's game only.

Reaction Score
Due to a minor family emergency, I missed all but the last 5 minutes, and about the first 3 I guess. I love O'Brien but Bilas is a terrible 2nd. Made me miss Rafferty. He made exactly the same comment about Shabazz 3 consecutive plays, didn't give any information a minimally knowlegable person wouldn't already know, and a couple of times was just flat out wrong. Plus he sounds like he's describing a 5ht grade science fair, not a basketball game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom