we essentially just cruised past and very good, ranked, respected team | The Boneyard

we essentially just cruised past and very good, ranked, respected team

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
and the Boneyard sounds bitter. Geez people

We are improving and moving towards JC's no nonsense expectations

just about everybody made positive contributions, even AO who was much better in the 2nd half

it's not easy to be perfect this early in the season working in so many new guys and adjusting to different roles, but the kids are working hard and getting there

these kids want to be special, I have no doubt they will be

enjoy the ride

Reaction Score
There are certain people who will only be satisfied if we win 90-50 and each of our nine guys currently in the rotation score 10 points each. There are people who just can't fathom that there are ebbs and flows during a season, both collectively and individually. We forget that there was a time last year when Jeremy Lamb had basically played his way out of the rotation.

Reaction Score
M
There are certain people who will only be satisfied if we win 90-50 and each of our nine guys currently in the rotation score 10 points each.

Those are women fans who watch a few men's game.. they expect 40 point wins

Reaction Score
The gap has closed for the most part between the powers and the midmajors and even the low majors. Following the scores all year there has only been a few blowouts. A 40 pt. win is now a 20pt win. Only 13 ships and lot of good players to go around.

Reaction Score
I agree it was a nice win and this is where I expected the team to be as a whole at this point in the season. Of course I assumed to be getting more out of AO, RS, and less out of guys like TO and RB. Overall I think we are heading in the right direction.

What frustrates me about the Yard is everything is black and white. Because I see certain things in Bazz's game that I'd like to see improve (as I would in everyone's game) I'm suddenly bashing him?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That was a great game outside of the five minutes at the end of the first half. The team tightened up on defense and significantly improved the rebounding from the previous game. The assist to turnover ratio was very good, particularly SN. RB had a good game but not outstanding. It didn't matter. This team has so many options and weapons. Once they realize how good they are and how interchangeable they are, this team is going to be scary good.

Reaction Score
They did enough to beat a good team. They did shot it well from deep 7-14, 50% which is very good. Shot only 47% from the floor but held Harvard to 36% which is very good. A few of their TOs were on the careless side. Their transition game was MIA for the most part and when they did break they got sloppy with the ball a few times.

I'd say it was a good game against a good opponent, nothing more, nothing less. They continue to improve which is what you want to see.

One strange thing I noticed is that after a bunch of dunks and 3s, UConn gave up points on Harvard's next possession and in many of those cases early in the shot clock. I don't know if it's a little too much "look what I just did" or let up in intensity or just coincidence. I noticed that at the game, and then looked at the long and it confirmed that.

It might be worth while for the coaching staff to point this out, and make them aware that getting stops after impact trips down the floor (3s & dunks) can spark some runs that can blow the game open. They don't seem to be able to put teams away and this might be part of the problem. It's after these types of scores they need to step up the intensity not let down.

As much as I don't like Dook, this is one thing they've done well over the years. They'll hit you with a bunch of 3s or whatever sequence of scores, get their crowd going, slap the floor, act like punks, get up in the other teams business and put together some blow-the-game-wide-open runs. Now I don't want our guys to look like a bunch of punks, but would like to see them amp up the energy after these types of plays and kick that dog while it's down. The 99 team had that sort of thing about them. They'd up the intensity, score in bunches, bump chests and get in the heads of their opponent.

It's this intimidating aura that this team lacks so far, but would seem to have the dominating pieces to be that type of team. AD's power dunks can have that type of effect, especially if you follow it with a steal, blocked shot, tough in-your-face defense, a dagger 3, fast break dunk, etc. A few have mentioned how this team hasn't show the ability to step on the neck of the opponent and not let them off the mat. There's a lot of ball to be played and this team is only going to get better. I'm hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom