We didnt fall short in Heart | The Boneyard

We didnt fall short in Heart

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The expectations were high at the beginning of the season. Then it seemed like everything was going wrong with injuries and sickness and we overcame it all and made it to the final game. We fought hard and has one player came back another one or two were out of the lineup but we never gave up. I think it made us stronger. Throughout we had UConn fans who never gave up on this team and we had others scream moan complain and were down right disrespectful to a bunch you young ladies who were already down trying to figure out how to make it work. These are our ladies, our girls. It angers me to hear so called fans talk the way some on this board do about our girls. I know your frustrated but learn that when your frustrated to keep you mouth shut when your talking about somebody's daughter, sister, girlfriend or team mate. If you wouldnt say it to their fathers face then keep it to yourself. Some of the posts were down right nasty. Then to top it off some criticize a Hall of Fame coach who holds and has set so many records. I get it some of you are better coaches then Geno. Many fans thought we could win then NC while others thought we were a very low seed and coming into the tournament and should be shipped out of CT. The negativity made me want to throw up. But thats not the worst of it. Picking on our girls when they were down trying to fight back and overcome all they were faced with imo is pretty damm low. If that was your daughter and fans spoke that way about her you probably would want to slap them. When your team is down is when they need you the most and some people posting to this board make me sick.

Still our team made it to the finals and still missing a couple of players and a couple of players still not 100%. Thats a great accomplishment. Im proud of them. They never gave up and they never quit. We found out a lot of things this season and we learned alot as did the team. Caroline is the real deal. Nika is bottle of energy. Edwards has improved so much and will be a force in the coming years. Add in Paige and Azzi then height in Dorka Debarry and Gabriel and look who's coming in next years freshman class and we should be really good.

We fell short a little bit last nite on the scoreboard but we didnt fall short in heart. We were down 18 and got it back to 6 late in the game. We just didnt have enough to get over the hump. You can blame it on injuries sickness and the fouls but that is part of the game. We almost overcame all those obstacles and wouldnt that have been something. But still this morning I read the board and I see fans telling Geno our Hall of Fame coach what he's doing wrong. I read posts knocking our players. LOL Really you've got to be kidding me. Let me tell some of you who can control your mouth and show respect. Geno forgot more then you know. Geno knows whats going on behind the scenes and you dont. If fact some of you dont know you dont know.

Athletes have good and no so good games. You dont know why their having a not so good game. You dont know whats going on in their lives. The important thing no matter how bad an athlete looks or how good and athlete looks they are not that way all the time. The ole saying when the goin gets tuff the tuff get goin. Well UConn showed that this year. With everything that continued to go wrong we made it to the finals and we werent able to overcome the injuries and sickness that plaged us all season. Would that have made a difference? We will never know.

Congrats to SC we will see you next season and Congrats to UConn for overcoming one of the most unbelievable seasons in your history.

Reaction Score
No Tony, y'all did not fall short on heart. In fact, I would say that the effort displayed against three of the nation's top four teams was amazing.

I applaud UCoon and fully expect them to return to the championship game next year. I hope we do, but wonder if we can keep the same level of motivation as this past year. I have no doubt UConn will be highly motivated this offseason. I wish you good (but not best) luck next year.

Preach on TonyC, preach on!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Thanks @Tonyc. We were cautiously hopeful last night, but something seemed amiss. No excuses here, however after hearing of Fudd's illness, ONO's groin injury, upon reflection, some of what we saw now makes sense. And Geno didn't make any excuses. He gave credit where due. My home is split between me, more of a Tony, and hubby (who played hoop), who was constantly questioning Geno's decisions, and I kept repeating, we don't know what's going on in the background, at practice, etc, etc. He conceded the point when I told him about Azzi and Olivia.

That being said, these young women showed an incredible amount of perseverance where some/many of us would fold. That's what I'll remember from this season. #bleedblue

Reaction Score
I just want to say congratulations to the Uconn women for a great season that was filled with obstacles, to go through all the adversity and make it to the final game is in my opinion huge!! I for one am very proud to be a husky fan, thank you to the seniors and may you all have a great pro career. Hopefully no one on this team hangs their heads after this loss there is much to be proud of. Tough group of young women. Let your bodies rest and heal and we will see you next year for what I am sure will be another great season, go UConn!!!

Reaction Score
No Tony, y'all did not fall short on heart. In fact, I would say that the effort displayed against three of the nation's top four teams was amazing.

I applaud UCoon and fully expect them to return to the championship game next year. I hope we do, but wonder if we can keep the same level of motivation as this past year. I have no doubt UConn will be highly motivated this offseason. I wish you good (but not best) luck next year.

Preach on TonyC, preach on!
Please ignore typo. Too late to edit.

vaeman

CT transplant to DMV
Reaction Score
The expectations were high at the beginning of the season. Then it seemed like everything was going wrong with injuries and sickness and we overcame it all and made it to the final game. We fought hard and has one player came back another one or two were out of the lineup but we never gave up. I think it made us stronger. Throughout we had UConn fans who never gave up on this team and we had others scream moan complain and were down right disrespectful to a bunch you young ladies who were already down trying to figure out how to make it work. These are our ladies, our girls. It angers me to hear so called fans talk the way some on this board do about our girls. I know your frustrated but learn that when your frustrated to keep you mouth shut when your talking about somebody's daughter, sister, girlfriend or team mate. If you wouldnt say it to their fathers face then keep it to yourself. Some of the posts were down right nasty. Then to top it off some criticize a Hall of Fame coach who holds and has set so many records. I get it some of you are better coaches then Geno. Many fans thought we could win then NC while others thought we were a very low seed and coming into the tournament and should be shipped out of CT. The negativity made me want to throw up. But thats not the worst of it. Picking on our girls when they were down trying to fight back and overcome all they were faced with imo is pretty damm low. If that was your daughter and fans spoke that way about her you probably would want to slap them. When your team is down is when they need you the most and some people posting to this board make me sick.

Still our team made it to the finals and still missing a couple of players and a couple of players still not 100%. Thats a great accomplishment. Im proud of them. They never gave up and they never quit. We found out a lot of things this season and we learned alot as did the team. Caroline is the real deal. Nika is bottle of energy. Edwards has improved so much and will be a force in the coming years. Add in Paige and Azzi then height in Dorka Debarry and Gabriel and look who's coming in next years freshman class and we should be really good.

We fell short a little bit last nite on the scoreboard but we didnt fall short in heart. We were down 18 and got it back to 6 late in the game. We just didnt have enough to get over the hump. You can blame it on injuries sickness and the fouls but that is part of the game. We almost overcame all those obstacles and wouldnt that have been something. But still this morning I read the board and I see fans telling Geno our Hall of Fame coach what he's doing wrong. I read posts knocking our players. LOL Really you've got to be kidding me. Let me tell some of you who can control your mouth and show respect. Geno forgot more then you know. Geno knows whats going on behind the scenes and you dont. If fact some of you dont know you dont know.

Athletes have good and no so good games. You dont know why their having a not so good game. You dont know whats going on in their lives. The important thing no matter how bad an athlete looks or how good and athlete looks they are not that way all the time. The ole saying when the goin gets tuff the tuff get goin. Well UConn showed that this year. With everything that continued to go wrong we made it to the finals and we werent able to overcome the injuries and sickness that plaged us all season. Would that have made a difference? We will never know.

Congrats to SC we will see you next season and Congrats to UConn for overcoming one of the most unbelievable seasons in your history.
Well said Tonyc

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom