We didn't do it | The Boneyard

We didn't do it

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
We built a decent lead and then frittered it away to 1 point. It looked like another page of the same tired script, but this time we held on pulled away. Not only was it our first conference road win, but we didn't trail or even tie at any point in the 2nd half. It was satisfying to see them reconsider putting the lead on the return counter.

Reaction Score
The whole time we were up by 9 or 10 I felt like it was a tie game, haha. Its like we spot points going down the stretch. You know we have to be up not to lose it. What is the line, +7 with 3 remaining to bet on a win?

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Did not allow Tulsa to score as many points as were on the board for UConn at the 4-minute mark. Not even close.

In fact, after Igbanu scored a basket at 3:52, Tulsa scored only one more point!
Missed 1 free throw and one turnover from that juncture.

That's how a team known for its defense wins...especially when short-handed and with Bouknight & Whaley both having 4 fouls.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I will say I wouldn't have expected Akok to be replaced in the starting lineup by Adams.

Reaction Score
I will say I wouldn't have expected Akok to be replaced in the starting lineup by Adams.
Hurley is a genius!!! Hahahahah. How much would the board have melted if we lost? Too funny.

Reaction Score
Did not allow Tulsa to score as many points as were on the board for UConn at the 4-minute mark. Not even close.

In fact, after Igbanu scored a basket at 3:52, Tulsa scored only one more point!
Missed 1 free throw and one turnover from that juncture.

That's how a team known for its defense wins...especially when short-handed and with Bouknight & Whaley both having 4 fouls.
Yeah, but haven't we seen those scenarios where our defense held strong, but we mostly flubbed in other respects down the stretch? That is quite encouraging that Igbanu didn't score under 4 though. That's an impressive career high for him without counting the final 4 mins.

Reaction Score
There wasn't really anyone else to take his place aside from Whaley.

Reaction Score
Hurley is a genius!!! Hahahahah. How much would the board have melted if we lost? Too funny.
Akok was allegedly banged up but It’s probably a move to keep him out of early foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Akok was allegedly banged up but It’s probably a move to keep him out of early foul trouble.
He hasn't had a problem with fouls. I thought I saw someone else post here or maybe on twitter, post game Hurley said it was a teaching moment and Akok needs to learn the standards of what is expected of him.

EDIT: This is what I was referring to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom