We can finish 9-3 this season. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We can finish 9-3 this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This board is so overreactionary. Where do I sign for 7 wins? It's amazing what happens when we beat a crummy team. I still think we will struggle to get to 6 wins. I don't trust this team yet and you're correct about us not being there yet.

Regarding Diaco, I liked what I saw for the most part. There are things that he does that still make me want to jump out of the stands and take over his head set. For example, throwing the ball on first & goal inside of 2 minutes with an 8 point lead is just excruciatingly stupid.
They also almost had to give up possession 2x yesterday, because they did recruit get plays off before the officials reviewed them. The Ron Johnson, non fumble and the Lamelle catch review which I believe was 3rd down.

In close situations like that they should have a play ready to run up to the LOS and snap the ball. Between that, the clock management, and what you described at the goal line, I really question whether Diaco will ever get situational awareness. Too many holes, not just in one area. It arguably cost them the Navy game, I'm sure there will be others.

Reaction Score
They also almost had to give up possession 2x yesterday, because they did recruit get plays off before the officials reviewed them. The Ron Johnson, non fumble and the Lamelle catch review which I believe was 3rd down.

In close situations like that they should have a play ready to run up to the LOS and snap the ball. Between that, the clock management, and what you described at the goal line, I really question whether Diaco will ever get situational awareness. Too many holes, not just in one area. It arguably cost them the Navy game, I'm sure there will be others.
It is probably not all on Diaco, but the OC as well. However, they both need to understand time and score situations and learn from these mistakes going forward.

Reaction Score
It is probably not all on Diaco, but the OC as well. However, they both need to understand time and score situations and learn from these mistakes going forward.
You're right, it's discouraging that they seldom seem ahead of the curve and have to get burn a few times before you see a correction in approach.

We also got a delay of game penalty yesterday that turned a 3rd and 10 to 3rd and 15, however Noel Thomas bailed them out. We also burned a timeout before the last Puyol FG to avoid another. Keep waiting for consistent improvement in this area but it seems sloe in coming.

Reaction Score
Per Sagarin, we should be favored in 2 games (BC/Tulane) and dogs in 4. Meaning we only need to steal one to get bowl eligible. Which I think is probable if we play the way we played on Saturday.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
USF is pretty good. Tough game to win on the road.

The rest, I think we can and should win. As for Sagarin, that stuff is crap. We know the only reason we lost to Navy was a total brain fart at the end of the game. That team is now ranked. If Diaco had moved Summers to FS before the Syracuse game, I think we beat them going away.

Our run defense is among the best in the nation. Our issues with deep passes seem to have been corrected. That should allow our ball control offense to function as intended.

Reaction Score
USF is pretty good. Tough game to win on the road.

The rest, I think we can and should win. As for Sagarin, that stuff is crap. We know the only reason we lost to Navy was a total brain fart at the end of the game. That team is now ranked. If Diaco had moved Summers to FS before the Syracuse game, I think we beat them going away.

Our run defense is among the best in the nation. Our issues with deep passes seem to have been corrected. That should allow our ball control offense to function as intended.

Ahh - the old "we are better than everyone else on our schedule because we think we are" - rather than because there is evidence of such.

BTW - last Saturday morning we were terrible, we were going to go 2-10, and we needed to fire the coach.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My issue with this team we are a Noel Thomas injury away from not winning another game. He's the only player that makes our offense work efficiently. If he stays healthy, and we somehow beat USF, then sure it's 'possible.'

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ahh - the old "we are better than everyone else on our schedule because we think we are" - rather than because there is evidence of such.

BTW - last Saturday morning we were terrible, we were going to go 2-10, and we needed to fire the coach.

No. Only some idiots thought that. I see, and saw before Saturday (and expected us to beat Cinci) a team that is very close to being very good.

Reaction Score
No. Only some idiots thought that. I see, and saw before Saturday (and expected us to beat Cinci) a team that is very close to being very good.

Fair - I think this could be a 7-8 win team, but it also could end up a 5 win team. I think we can be a good team, but not yet a very good team.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
"You optimism sickens me. I will crush all your hopes and dreams." Signed, BD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads