We can finish 9-3 this season. | The Boneyard

We can finish 9-3 this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
1) @USF- toughest game left, but we always play them close so we have a chance
2) UCF- three wins are FIU, and FCS school, and a 2-4 ECU; I think we take this one at home
3) ECU- they're 2-4 this year and could be 2-6 and destroyed morale-wise going into this 50/50 game
4) Temple- I don't know why people rate them so highly; they lost half their team from last year; we take care of business at home
5) @BC- can you say dumpster fire and more UConn than BC fans there?
6) Tulane- it's Tulane; we'll take care of business

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Last week, it was "we could finish 2-10 this season"
We all knew the last five games were winnable regardless of what had happened before them.

Reaction Score
2) UCF- three wins are FIU, and FCS school, and a 2-4 ECU; I think we take this one at home
3) ECU- they're 2-4 this year and could be 2-6 and destroyed morale-wise going into this 50/50 game
4) Temple- I don't know why people rate them so highly; they lost half their team from last year; we take care of business at home
Temple's defensive line is still strong. That's a concern.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Last week, it was "we could finish 2-10 this season"
I also said this game was Diaco's alamo, and the rest of the season momentum-wise would rely on it.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
That is not good (long term).
No, but it's better than being dead (or in Diaco's case, fired, which means our season went in the dumpster).

Reaction Score
I'll be ecstatic with 7 wins, happy with 6 and a bowl bid. Were not quite there yet, but you see signs. Yesterday was the 1st time all year we threw more passes than we ran the ball in the 1st quarter. The coaches showed signs of willing to take chances through the air. We had two INTs before anything good happened but they kept throwing it and good things eventually happened.

I don't want to set myself up for disappointment but Diaco has pulled out a big upset each of his first two years UCF and Houston, could USF be that game this year? OL will have to have another good game.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
That is not good (long term).
maybe the Alamo was a bad choice of metaphor; finish the campaign and it could be our D-day in hindsight (with due apologies to combat veterans -- we may all bleed blue but it's still football at the end of the day).

Reaction Score
Jessica Alba might show up at my door in a bikini and beg with me to sleep with her.

alba.gif

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'll be ecstatic with 7 wins, happy with 6 and a bowl bid. Were not quite there yet, but you see signs. Yesterday was the 1st time all year we threw more passes than we ran the ball in the 1st quarter. The coaches showed signs of willing to take chances through the air. We had two INTs before anything good happened but they kept throwing it and good things eventually happened.

I don't want to set myself up for disappointment but Diaco has pulled out a big upset each of his first two years UCF and Houston, could USF be that game this year? OL will have to have another good game.
I was also encouraged by the changes on defense; shows the coaches responding to what they're seeing on film and being creative in getting the best players on the field....

Reaction Score
Don't stop there. How about 11-3?

Reaction Score

Good post

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
We beat USF this weekend and we actually could have a decent shot at winning out. The only major game for the rest of the way we may have trouble with is Temple IMO. If Diaco can get this team to pull together like they did Saturday against Cincy the rest of the way- we have a real shot.

Reaction Score

This board is so overreactionary. Where do I sign for 7 wins? It's amazing what happens when we beat a crummy team. I still think we will struggle to get to 6 wins. I don't trust this team yet and you're correct about us not being there yet.

Regarding Diaco, I liked what I saw for the most part. There are things that he does that still make me want to jump out of the stands and take over his head set. For example, throwing the ball on first & goal inside of 2 minutes with an 8 point lead is just excruciatingly stupid.

Reaction Score
This board is so overreactionary. Where do I sign for 7 wins? It's amazing what happens when we beat a crummy team. I still think we will struggle to get to 6 wins. I don't trust this team yet and you're correct about us not being there yet.

Regarding Diaco, I liked what I saw for the most part. There are things that he does that still make me want to jump out of the stands and take over his head set. For example, throwing the ball on first & goal inside of 2 minutes with an 8 point lead is just excruciatingly stupid.
And he called another pass play in the same series on second or third down. I like the aggressiveness but why take a chance on a TD when a field goal clinches the game?

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score

Did those natucket red pants help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr