We can beat them | The Boneyard

We can beat them

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
A lot of people were saying SMU needs to play their worst game and us our best game for it to even be close. Well we were without our best player for a half and they hit a billion 3s and it was a close game. A few more shots fall for us and it's a different game. The ole adage is that it's tough to beat a team 3 times. Go Dogs

Reaction Score
A lot of people were saying SMU needs to play their worst game and us our best game for it to even be close. Well we were without our best player for a half and they hit a billion 3s and it was a close game. A few more shots fall for us and it's a different game. The ole adage is that it's tough to beat a team 3 times. Go Dogs
That seems about right. They outclassed us in every possible way. They shot better, rebounded better, got to more loose balls, coached better, and pretty much cruised on a ten point cushion.

With our best player in there, it was exactly the same, they cruised.

Reaction Score
We can beat them if we limit mistakes, don't miss so many shots and play smart basketball. They are a better team, but still beatable.

Nonetheless I'm impressed with SMU.

Reaction Score
Ugh. We can beat them. 3rd time is a charm in Hartford? Let us hope. I would rather see smu than cincy imo but what is more likely is having to see both if Uconn wanted to win the aacT.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
SMU is a physical, good shooting team that is a tough match-up for lots of teams
I disagree that they as well coach as Palatine states because a well coached team would have made some adjustments when a depleted UConn team came roaring back - but some people think KO is outcoached by everyone - so be it
They beat UConn because they are stronger, more experienced and have better position players. Plus Milton shot lights out with or without someone in his face. Any team that has 4 guys on the court at any time that can drain the 3, handle the ball and rebound is going to win a lot of games

Reaction Score
Honestly, if JA has an average game and does not go out and RP has an average game, that would have been a winnable game today.

Reaction Score
We were over matched today. SMU is much quicker than us. They beat us all day long on dribble penetration. They missed 11 free throws or the score would have been much worst. They are a vg team and could make a deep run in the NCAA tour. Excellent starting five. Areas of concern depth and ft shooting.

Reaction Score
Hats off to SMU. They are a very well coached team. Two things I noticed; they don't make mistakes and turn the ball over and they seemed to grab every rebound. IMO, we're done this year but much more optimistic for coming years.

H

huskymagic

Cinci is more beatable than SMU. SMU is the better team of the two and SMU has had our number since 2014 and who knows if they were allowed in the AAC tournament last year if we would have won against them. Vance coming out with guarantees is not smart. Can we beat both SMU and Cinci: sure. Will it happen when Boat, Purv, Hamilton, and Brimah couldn't do it in 2015 in our own court. Let's hope we get a break or something magical happens.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Waterboy:
200.gif

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
After all the trash talk I have been reading on the SMU board, nothing will.make me happier than to deny them the AAC Tournament Title. They have total disrespect for us and view us as a declining program. We only lost by single digits to them without our best player and a cold shooting night by Purv. This team can definitely get hot in a couple weeks. And Vance has added some fuel to the fire (see link below). This team wants respect and revenge. We are no one's biotch. This team will not pack it up and give up. I trust they will win. I wouldn't have bought $700 worth of tickets to the tourney if I didn't believe in them.

Reaction Score
After all the trash talk I have been reading on the SMU board, nothing will.make me happier than to deny them the AAC Tournament Title. They have total disrespect for us and view us as a declining program. We only lost by single digits to them without our best player and a cold shooting night by Purv. This team can definitely get hot in a couple weeks. And Vance has added some fuel to the fire (see link below). This team wants respect and revenge. We are no one's biotch. This team will not pack it up and give up. I trust they will win. I wouldn't have bought $700 worth of tickets to the tourney if I didn't believe in them.

They did what they were supposed to do. The line was 7, they beat us by 8 on our home floor. Adams getting injured did not change the makeup of the game. In fact we closed the gap after he got injured. From what I saw today I have no reason to think we can beat them in 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
SMU was playing like a bunch of punks. At least 4-5 warnings from the refs after the tech. I'd be happier if they lost to USF, assuming we beat usf in the title game ;)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
SMU was playing like a bunch of punks. At least 4-5 warnings from the refs after the tech. I'd be happier if they lost to USF, assuming we beat usf in the title game ;)
Always their MO. You never see techs in college games and they have two player techs vs us this year.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati fan here, and I think you are dead on about SMU. They are probably the most under valued team in the country. Their coach makes very good in game adjustments. All five or six guys they play can guard all five spots without help, and without fouling. They rebound out of all five spots, and play like veterans when things are going against them. I keep waiting for their lack of depth to catch up with them, but it hasn't yet. A dominant offensive low post player that they would half to double might give them problems, but their ain't that many of those guys out there. I think SMU is gonna' be a very tough out in March....

Reaction Score
Cincinnati fan here, and I think you are dead on about SMU. They are probably the most under valued team in the country. Their coach makes very good in game adjustments. All five or six guys they play can guard all five spots without help, and without fouling. They rebound out of all five spots, and play like veterans when things are going against them. I keep waiting for their lack of depth to catch up with them, but it hasn't yet. A dominant offensive low post player that they would half to double might give them problems, but their ain't that many of those guys out there. I think SMU is gonna' be a very tough out in March....

They'll get in foul trouble and get bounced the first weekend. Aac is straight garbage this year outside of smu and cincy. They looked unimpressive out of conference and I just don't think they'll be able to keep this going without a true point.

Reaction Score
I'm laughing reading the SMU board. They think they are the kings of basketball because they beat us. This is coming from fans of a team who hasn't won a NCAA tournament game since 1988

I hope we face them again and kick the out of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom