We can beat any team in the AAC tourny at home | The Boneyard

We can beat any team in the AAC tourny at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can smell the NCAA tourny with the way Purvis has been playing anything is possible

Reaction Score
Ws against Cincy, Tulsa, and SMU with an OT loss against Temple without Boat. Alotta hope there for the conf tourney, the team itself should have a lot of confidence against the top teams in the conf playing in the XL Center right now.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Honestly, if Purvis plays like this for any stretch of games we are a top 15 team. Having a 3rd option is really the only thing that was holding us back this season... We know what Boat, DHam, Amida are going to bring to the table. We have just been missing someone to fill the void when boat is getting a triple team. Today has proven Purvis can do that. We'll see UConn in the Tourney.

Reaction Score
That's really all this game proves.

But that is the most important point proven with this squad!

Reaction Score
75% and 100% improvement from front court, they did 12-9 rebs

We are at the mercy of Purvis. When he plays even 75% of what he did today we can beat anyone in this conference.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Honestly, if Purvis plays like this for any stretch of games we are a top 15 team. Having a 3rd option is really the only thing that was holding us back this season... We know what Boat, DHam, Amida are going to bring to the table. We have just been missing someone to fill the void when boat is getting a triple team. Today has proven Purvis can do that. We'll see UConn in the Tourney.
Not if AB plays like he has the past two games. But the future isn't dismal by any stretch of the imagination. I'm hoping the entire team puts it together and goes on an extended run.

Reaction Score
Not if AB plays like he has the past two games. But the future isn't dismal by any stretch of the imagination. I'm hoping the entire team puts it together and goes on an extended run.
Two games left to win. But, by far, this was the game I was least confident they would win. Memphis at home and Temple on the road will be tough.

They do that, they are 19-11 with a low-50s RPI, a mid-60s SOS...and home games (that will count as neutral) against solid RPI teams to improve those numbers.

Reaction Score
To OP; as long as we don't play a team who presses/traps

Reaction Score
What a great day. March is definitely the best month for huskies! Crazyyyy

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Two games left to win. But, by far, this was the game I was least confident they would win. Memphis at home and Temple on the road will be tough.

They do that, they are 19-11 with a low-50s RPI, a mid-60s SOS...and home games (that will count as neutral) against solid RPI teams to improve those numbers.
One game at a time but they still have a lot of work to do to make the NCAAs.

At least we are seeing that the team isn't entirely empty after Boat leaves. The coaching changes that began 6-8 games ago are starting to pay off. See a lot to take into next season.

Reaction Score
To OP; as long as we don't play a team who presses/traps
I think that the coaches will work on this extensively in practice, hopefully with 6-7 players on defense.

Reaction Score

Just looking at our last several games and man could that Houston loss be the kiss of death that overshadows all the good. If we win our last 2 games we would have won 8 out of our final 10 with the only 2 losses coming at SMU and Memphis. But that Houston loss. That Houston loss. I believe we are their only conference win this year? Jesus.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just looking at our last several games and man could that Houston loss be the kiss of death that overshadows all the good. If we win our last 2 games we would have won 8 out of our final 10 with the only 2 losses coming at SMU and Memphis. But that Houston loss. That Houston loss. I believe we are their only conference win this year? Jesus.

I really wish you would change your Avitar
That face makes me so sick
Thanks

1926.jpg

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
1926.jpg

The Antichrist - root of all that is evil and despicable!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
1926.jpg

The Antichrist - root of all that is evil and despicable!
Can't understand how people focus on Warde and don't understand this guy's role in so many events for UConn. As much as Emmert screwed UConn he was nothing compared to how much damage this guy did.

Reaction Score
Let's first beat Memphis in Storrs and Temple in Philly. But yes, the tourney too.

Reaction Score
One game at a time. This is a great win that goes by the wayside if a dud is thrown next week. Just WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom