We Are The Champions | The Boneyard

We Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
THAT'S the kind of talk I want to hear.!!! NO FEAR!!!!! Syracuse is not going to bring anything new to the dance. They can't match up with UConn. That's not bragging, or being cocky. Its the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts. Some folks can't handle the truth. No more playing nice, or trying to be politically correct. This is it!!! UConn's going out, not with a bang, but an explosion. THIS IS UCONN'S YEAR.!!!! Embrace it.

I respect what Hillsman and his squad has been able to do to get to this point. But the party is over. Syracuse is going to find out and experience what Robert Morris, Duquesne, Mississippi State, Texas and Oregon State found out. The UConn Huskies are the best team in the country. Every drill, every practice, every lap run was done in preparation for this final game. UConn will not be denied.

This year, they have no peer. UConn has beaten every opponent by double digits. Its going to get ugly real fast for Syracuse, and go down hill from there. Syracuse is not going to fare any better than any of the other programs have so far this in this tournament.

I was 100% correct in ALL of my predictions for the Oregon State game
, and I'm right now. ALL of the soothsaying aids (crystal balls, tea leaves, rabbits feet, tarot cards, etc.) I use, all point to UConn winning, and winning big. If you watch this game, don't blink. You might miss something.

Carnac says: Final score: 85-56 UConn :cool: Final Score: 82-51

This is a post from last night. I almost predicted the exact score. I never doubted our girls. I didn't believe the hype. I never listened to any of the Bullcrap the media and outside haters was trying to feed us. I believed my heart, and my eyes. Our girls dominated everyone they played ALL YEAR. Why would tonight be any different. If you missed this post, read it. Syracuse didn't have any luck against us. They had ONE 16-0 run, that was it. We bounced back from it, and won going away. I was very glad to see Polly get a 3 tonight. THAT basket was the nuts on top of the evening. I love UConn women's Basketball.

They're going to have one heck of a party tonight back at the team hotel. I wish I could join them. Go Huskies.

Will someone please post the video of the ceremonies inside Gampel on Thursday, and of the unveiling of Tuck's jersey. I don't think It will be shown on TV.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
CfVSgMMWwAAUEJa.jpg:large

uconn-1040x572.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I posted this yesterday...............................

Thanks GoUconn7961, I do make predictions.
As the official "Boneyard prognosticator", I'll take it from here. All of my notes, observations, sources, eye tests and other psychic aids indicate that UConn will win handily. How soon we forget. Some UConn fan's attention has become mis-directed and focused in the wrong direction. Some of them have been mesmerized and blinded by the recent success of Syracuse.
They forget that these milestones were not accomplished against the likes of UConn. Don't believe the hype.

Have we already forgotten the praise and accolades that Mississippi head coach Vic Shaefer or Duquesne head coach Dan Burt made during post-game pressers about the huskies just last week? They know a little something about WCBB. They observed first hand and up close how dominate UConn is (not can be..is!). Both of these coaches said that in their opinion, no one is going to beat UConn. ESPN studio analysts Kara Lawson and Rebecca Lobo who also know a little something about the women's game, also pick UConn going away. Three other veteran college basketball analysts Seth Greenberg, Jay Bilas and Doris Burke pick Uconn. Not one college basketball analyst is picking Syracuse. So why are we (you) shaking in your boots? Let's look at their 7 losses during the season:

Fri, Nov 20 @ #4 Tennessee - 57-55
Wed Dec 2 @ #5 Maryland - 82-64
Sat Dec 12 #24 Arizona State - 61-54
Thur Jan 7 @ North Carolina - 77-73
Thur Jan 21 @ #3 Notre Dame - 90-62
Mon Jan 25 # 14 Louisville - 71-53 ( back to back losses)
Sun Mar 6 #2 Notre Dame 68-57

I submit to you that UConn is as good or better than any of the programs that beat Syracuse this year. UConn played and beat two of the teams (Maryland & Notre Dame) that beat Syracuse. The Orange lost to a depleted and unranked UNC team.

So why are some folks shaking in their boots, and having nervous palpitations about this game? In all of those losses, Syracuse only broke 70 once. If they are going to beat UConn, they are going to have to score more than 70 points. Folks are also quick to forget that UConn is the #1 ranked defense in the country, and they play like it!

Of the teams the Orange lost to, I think Notre Dame is closest in similarity to UConn. I look for the outcome to be similar also. Syracuse did not have any luck with Notre Dame. So again I say, don't believe the hype.

Syracuse played the Washington Huskies at the Carrier Dome in November, and beat them 66-62, so they were already familiar with them. I recognize and respect that Syracuse is on a roll, but so is UConn, so don't believe the hype.

I'm saying that our best is better than their best. UConn will be lead by the infamous BIG 3. They will not be denied. They are going into this final game with more determination and resolve than ever before.

One more factoid to remember: Geno has never lost a final four championship game. I don't believe he's going to start now. Las Vegas has UConn favored by 24. How much more convincing do you need?

ALL signs point to a UConn victory. Unless you have completely loss all faith in UConn and all they've done up to this point, then relax and enjoy the game. I'm predicting a final score of UConn 85 - Syracuse 66.

Go Huskies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member