We are doing fine | The Boneyard

We are doing fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know that we have lost 2 games so far this year. You could make the argument that we had a great chance to win both, but I don't like to dwell on things. Here are things that make me think we are actually in a great position as a team right now.
1.) Dolson has not played her best ball yet this year, and I think she is going to hit her stride soon as well as the improvement to Kiah and Heather coming back from her wrist injury playing her best ball since she arrived on campus.
2.) KML is still getting used to college and finding her role on the team as well as Geno is finding where he wants to use her.
3.) Kelly is so steady and she is improved on offense this season, I think she will continue that trend.
4.) Bria has emerged as the go to player and this team needs that going forward. It helps with identity in crunch time.
5.)Doty has not played up to her potential and the more games she gets under her belt and more game time conditioning, I have to believe she will become more of a factor down the stretch. She has to much pride.
6.) Hayes is playing hard and providing leadership in all phases of the game. She will continue to lead and mark my words she will have defining moment in a tourney game this year that will seal her name on the husky of honor wall.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Add to the above that both Kiah and Heather are progressing...and will be able to help in the post.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Add to the above that both Kiah and Heather are progressing...and will be able to help in the post.

Who's Heather? Does she play for UConn?

Reaction Score
@baylor and @ND always figured to be far and away the two toughest games of the year. Nothing has changed. Sure ND could beat us again and @Duke could be a close game (although given their youth I doubt it.) But it seems to me we have a very good chance to go into the Ncaa tournament with two losses. was anyone this side of TonyC really expecting more?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
ND was picked to win the BE for a reason... they're good and experienced. Geno had no problem with them being picked as favorites.

Reaction Score
At the beginning of the year I thought we could lose four games. Baylor, ND away and two more from NC, Duke, 2nd ND game and a big east team like Rutgers or Georgetown. I still think it is posible.

I also think we will be a final four team whether we lose 2, 3 or 4 games during the season.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
You do know that she is injured...right?

No I didn't. Did she reinjure the wrist? The last I heard was when Auriemma was asked why she didn't play against WV I think he answered that it was because he wanted her available against ND.

Reaction Score
@baylor and @ND always figured to be far and away the two toughest games of the year. Nothing has changed. Sure ND could beat us again and @Duke could be a close game (although given their youth I doubt it.) But it seems to me we have a very good chance to go into the Ncaa tournament with two losses. was anyone this side of TonyC really expecting more?
Hey, I resemble that remark! And I'm thinking Geno loved the contributions from Kiah and Brianna at ND. Positive from both, and they will start getting more minutes so we can sustain the fast tempo. I still like our chances.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree totally with your first sentence. Add the BE tourney and Final Four. Those are the rough ones. I think we'll be fine in the other games, though we'll have 4-6 tough games (all wins in my view).

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
It is obvious from his comment that she wasn't really ready for the VW and he didn't want to take a chance in injuring her wrist further. She was a DNP coaches decision for WV. She obviously wasn't ready in Geno's mind for ND or he would have played her...he wasn't exactly enamored by Stefanie's play as evidenced by the extended time given to Kiah. So what is your point anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom