We are definitely in "who knows?" territory. | The Boneyard

We are definitely in "who knows?" territory.

Reaction Score
We lost our QB, our best pass catcher and an All American. But we only won three games, so? We have loaded up on portal skill players. Are we worse? We could be more talented. Perhaps? It is impossible to tell how quickly this group will gel. It is like running in the dark on the Utah Salt Flats. Whatever happens, I 'll be there.

Reaction Score
We lost our QB, our best pass catcher and an All American. But we only won three games, so? We have loaded up on portal skill players. Are we worse? We could be more talented. Perhaps? It is impossible to tell how quickly this group will gel. It is like running in the dark on the Utah Salt Flats. Whatever happens, I 'll be there.

We added a bunch of guys with lots of game experience and guys that were leading tacklers on their team.

I think we have done really well in the portal. We’ve flown really far under the radar.

What needs to be done is that we have to get all these kids to coalesce into a team.

Having a QB coach that has a progressive approach will help too.

Reaction Score
If the QB can average 225+ per game that means we move the ball better and the run won't be stacked up against. We clearly are a run first team, but having PA makes us a good team

Reaction Score
We added a bunch of guys with lots of game experience and guys that were leading tacklers on their team.

I think we have done really well in the portal. We’ve flown really far under the radar.

What needs to be done is that we have to get all these kids to coalesce into a team.

Having a QB coach that has a progressive approach will help too.
The worst part about flying under the radar is that our EA college football rating is gonna suck.

Reaction Score
Who you bring in is only half the task. It's also how many quit after fall camp , or portal out after 4 games. UC has a history of QB's leaving if they are not the starters.

Reaction Score
Who you bring in is only half the task. It's also how many quit after fall camp , or portal out after 4 games. UC has a history of QB's leaving if they are not the starters.
Since there were over 100 QBs in the portal since 1/1/24, I would say the non-starter transferring is not overly UConn specific.

Reaction Score
Name names. Running backs, yeah. QBs stay and redshirt.

Reaction Score
I'm not worried, because I believe that HCJM is using the portal to improve us. I think QB will be better and we have new WRs. I think we'll surprise!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How this season guys will largely be decided from June to August.

Can they get these portal guys to buy in and create an effective culture? Are they using it for tape for school number 3? (Or 4, or 5)

Definitely the most recruiting stars we will put on the field since the Big East days and culture never seemed to be an issue then. Maybe the guys will be humbled by their previous experiences.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom