We are America's Team on Selection Sunday | The Boneyard

We are America's Team on Selection Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Nobody other than Memphis fans want to see them win. They would steal somebody's at large bid. We will have lots of fans nationwide.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
And JC was on ESPN this morning talking up Syracuse as a serious at large team... oh what a world!

Reaction Score
Nobody other than Memphis fans want to see them win. They would steal somebody's at large bid. We will have lots of fans nationwide.
actually if Memphis wins, we'd be the potential bid-stealer ;)

good that the game is getting some national attention. it's good for the conference

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The Cuse board is basically bleeding National Flag Blue & White right now. Kinda funny.
I really want this title, but if we have to lose it would be a thing of beauty to see cuse get bumped because of it. They would be out of their minds.

That said, we are going to win today.

Reaction Score
We're in win or lose, so we can't be a bid stealer. Memphis can't get in otherwise, so they're the would-be bid stealer.
it depends how you look at it I guess. We're in either way, I agree. So if we win the conference tourney, we don't take up an at-large spot. If we lose, we do.

Memphis can't take up an at-large spot. They're either in as the conference champs or not at all.

Reaction Score
We're in win or lose, so we can't be a bid stealer. Memphis can't get in otherwise, so they're the would-be bid stealer.

If we win, we'd be a bid giver, as our "auto" would put another team in.

Reaction Score
it depends how you look at it I guess. We're in either way, I agree. So if we win the conference tourney, we don't take up an at-large spot. If we lose, we do.

Memphis can't take up an at-large spot. They're either in as the conference champs or not at all.

I mean, you can redefine it if you want, but ESPN is going to call Memphis a potential bid-stealer all day, not us.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And JC was on ESPN this morning talking up Syracuse as a serious at large team... oh what a world!

JC is a loyal motherf--ker to the core. He's not gonna let an old friend (JB) down.

Reaction Score
I mean, you can redefine it if you want, but ESPN is going to call Memphis a potential bid-stealer all day, not us.
you're probably right. still doesn't make much sense to me. they're not stealing anything with a win, they're getting an auto-bid. has nothing to do with the teams needing an at-large bid

uconn, if they get upset today, would be taking away an at-large bid from the pool.

idk. whatever, it's semantics

Reaction Score
Honestly, as long as we are in regardless of result, with a loss bumping Cuse out and us down to a nice double digit seed not facing a 1 seed in the second round, I'm thoroughly okay with a loss today.

Reaction Score
I really want this title, but if we have to lose it would be a thing of beauty to see cuse get bumped because of it. They would be out of their minds.

That said, we are going to win today.
If it happened, and they actually said on the selection show that Syracuse was the last team out and Memphis bumped them...Best loss in the history of the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom