We’re number . . . 57! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We’re number . . . 57!

Reaction Score
Yeah...but it is just pablum for the masses...nice stories, cinderella to root for...

But..of the 136 Final Four teams since 1991, just 14 have been seeded 7th or worse.

Zero have made the championship game at seed 9-16.

Reaction Score
Yeah...but it is just pablum for the masses...nice stories, cinderella to root for...

But..of the 136 Final Four teams since 1991, just 14 have been seeded 7th or worse.

Cue Boston’s accent:
I don’t care!
we all know that they won’t last long, it’s the 1st or second round upsets that are fun to watch, the bracket getting busted by UMBC, or Florida Gulf coast a few years back and then Loyola Chicago recently. We know they won’t win but they make the tourney fun. A weak P5 school beating a power school isn’t as fun as Lehigh beating Dook

Reaction Score
Yeah...upsets are fun..I understand.

And in basketball's regular season, an upset doesn't really mean that much...so March is the time to appreciate such.

In football, watching Troy beat LSU in Death Valley, or VT beat Michigan is always fun....I kind'a get it.

Reaction Score
Yeah...upsets are fun..I understand.

And in basketball's regular season, an upset doesn't really mean that much...so March is the time to appreciate such.

In football, watching Troy beat LSU in Death Valley, or VT beat Michigan is always fun....I kind'a get it.

For me it’s not just about watching fun upsets, but college basketball is more fun overall for me because at the start of every season every single D1 school can technically win a national championship. For me it doesn’t matter that it is extraordinarily unlikely for a lot of schools, but it’s the fact that they CAN.

It’s difficult being a UConn football fan because for me what’s the point? I still watch most games and cheer for the team but at the end of the day what are they competing for? They can run the table and not sniff the playoff. Just look at UCF. It is baffling to me how they maintain so much fan interest after that. It’s crazy to me how any G5 team maintains strong fan bases because you’re not playing for anything. Basketball is different. At the beginning of the season every team can say “We can win it all this year,” whether it’s likely or not they can.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

This is like when I sit in data meetings and people say “we noticed kids with learning disabilities score lower on tests their peers.”

Reaction Score
This is good place to start for Hurley's 6 scholarship players.

As of 1005CST today ESPN'S Power Index has us going 21-8 in currently scheduled games....so not including additional early season tournament games.

The Power Index has us beating Memphis both times by the way....

Reaction Score
For me it’s not just about watching fun upsets, but college basketball is more fun overall for me because at the start of every season every single D1 school can technically win a national championship. For me it doesn’t matter that it is extraordinarily unlikely for a lot of schools, but it’s the fact that they CAN.

It’s difficult being a UConn football fan because for me what’s the point? I still watch most games and cheer for the team but at the end of the day what are they competing for? They can run the table and not sniff the playoff. Just look at UCF. It is baffling to me how they maintain so much fan interest after that. It’s crazy to me how any G5 team maintains strong fan bases because you’re not playing for anything. Basketball is different. At the beginning of the season every team can say “We can win it all this year,” whether it’s likely or not they can.

Yep...I understand the illusion.

I buy a lottery ticket now and then....I could win $100 million...

We all buy into the dream...

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Recalling the Kemba year...didn't we finish like 8th in the BE and lost the majority of our games to close out the season? Then...MAGIC

Reaction Score
Recalling the Kemba year...didn't we finish like 8th in the BE and lost the majority of our games to close out the season? Then...MAGIC
I think we played 16 seed DePaul in the first round of the BET which would make us the 9 seed, no?

And yes, I was a junior; it truly was magical. Had to watch most of the BET in Montreal because it was spring break lol but campus was crazy for the Tournament

Reaction Score
I do hate it when AQ's play while a better team must sit....

A team that is legitimately a top 50 team should play.
I hate it when a team that finishes in the middle of its league goes and one that won stays home. Different views. If it were me no conference would get more than 45% of its teams in. No team that failed to win more than half its conference games would get in. And UMBC and Loyola if Chicago say hi.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom