We’re happy to have you, Allie! | The Boneyard

We’re happy to have you, Allie!

Reaction Score
Welcome Allie! You will be with the greatest team this year and will be part of the UCONN family of players and coaches. Having GENO as your coach, you will blossum into a AA multiple times and help win NC No. 12 and 13 and 14(?). Ihave a belief that UCONN will be dominant and you and the other team players will excel and put UCONN where it belongs, NO. ONE. Have a great 4 years and enjoy the ride. GO ALLIE!!!! GO NEWBIES!!!! GO SOPHOMORES!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!!

Reaction Score
How do you pronounce her name? The way it was said in that 3 point contest video is nothing like I thought it was.

I thougt it was Zeeeeble, but he said Ze-bell

I’m sure I’m wrong but just wondering.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How do you pronounce her name? The way it was said in that 3 point contest video is nothing like I thought it was.

I thougt it was Zeeeeble, but he said Ze-bell

I’m sure I’m wrong but just wondering.
Almost like Zuh-bell.

Reaction Score
Can someone post a copy of her "SIGNATURE" : I saw it once on the BONEYARD and
it was quite the work of ART. GO ALLIE, from A to "za NC!"

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I think Allies release is quicker than KLM and Azzi. I don't know how many minutes she will play, but her 3 point shooting is her trademark and I hope she doesn't get buried on the bench with all the talent we now have.

Reaction Score
I think Allies release is quicker than KLM and Azzi. I don't know how many minutes she will play, but her 3 point shooting is her trademark and I hope she doesn't get buried on the bench with all the talent we now have.
I'd say she and Azzi's release is near equal. Though Azzi might need to get back into the swing of things since she's sat so long. Geno seems impressed with Allie's IQ beyond her shooting according to the article though, I wonder what else she's done well.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Click where it says "Watch on YouTube". It's a safe link, no worries

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If she can shoot at this level, she ain't getting buried on the bench.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I make no predictions as to Allie's playing time.

She has a very quick release. Feet and body are squared to the basket ready to shot. As with most high school stars, she has a tendency to float/ slide to a particular spot she likes to shot from. In UConn's offense, she will have to learn to move around as Ash did this past season. She will also have to play defense!!

Lookin forward to she her in action.

Reaction Score
I'd say she and Azzi's release is near equal. Though Azzi might need to get back into the swing of things since she's sat so long. Geno seems impressed with Allie's IQ beyond her shooting according to the article though, I wonder what else she's done well.
I’m not sure about that first bit, though maybe my eyes have tricked me. Allie’s release looks more like Caroline’s than Azzi’s. The release point is a little lower and it has a little more ‘shove’ in it than wrist flick. That sort of release served Caroline really well in HS and was plenty good in her first year at Storrs. Azzi has very strong hands and this allows her to have a release point directly above her head and to rely on a wrist flick even for 3s. Watching her shot on replays is like watching a coach’s instructional video.

As for the rest, I’ve only seen a couple of Allie’s games on YouTube. Lots of highlights are available but they don’t show what sort of game presence she really is. One thing you notice in her games is that she’s the one everyone counts on when it really matters, though she’s not ball dominant. She’s one of the bigs (relatively speaking) on her team but she plays every position, takes the key shots, drives the lane or shoots the 3.

She reminds me of a cross between Ash and Caroline. She’s big like Caroline and very crafty and doesn’t depend on foot speed to beat an opponent. She knows how to get an opponent on her hip and use her size to force her way past. And she has some of Ash’s resoluteness: she’s not easily intimidated even by bigger opponents and just makes plays. Like them, she’s used to carrying her team when needed. I think of that as “the broad shoulders effect.” Geno seems to prefer this sort of personality and recruits for it, the leader who is not ball dominant. Paige is the classic example (and Diana and Maya of course), and Evina was another one. They don’t have to have the ball in their hands to influence a game. They exert a calming effect on their teammates on the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom