We’ll be fine shut up!!!!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We’ll be fine shut up!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Nothing has happened this offseason yet that we didnt think would happen when the championship game ended. Some people just got overly optimistic.

Reaction Score
Throwin' this out there with no inside knowledge.. Any 2024 guys/targets who could reclass and add some value to next year's team?? Bland/Betsey as an example..

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Exactly one year ago we had 6 open scholarships, no point guard, no three point shooters, and an incoming center who probably won't be able to contribute much his freshman year.

That worked out pretty well.

Nobody liked our freshman class in 2010, we even landed the wrong Lamb

8 weeks ago, Hurley couldn't coach, horrible game manager, can't win close games (we still don't know if he can win close games BTW) :)

And in the 90's, my avatar couldn't win the big one

Enjoy the ride people

Reaction Score
This is the nature of the current college basketball landscape.
Except UConn is the only program that can hang a banner from this past season. This is the price for winning it all.

I fully expected to have a rebuild after winning the national championship. Newton and Jackson may end up coming back. Sanogo, to a lesser extent, also. But if none of them do then the Huskies will have a rebuilding season. Doesn't mean they will be bad though.

Reaction Score
Boneyard: ‘OH NO WE’RE SCREWED!’

Hurley (walks into 5-star recruit’s home, brandishes ring) ‘As you know, we put 80% of our starters in The League, and won our 5th Natty. So you coming to UCONN or not? Hurry up because there’s competition for the roster spot and the clock is tickin.’

Reaction Score
Except UConn is the only program that can hang a banner from this past season. This is the price for winning it all.

I fully expected to have a rebuild after winning the national championship. Newton and Jackson may end up coming back. Sanogo, to a lesser extent, also. But if none of them do then the Huskies will have a rebuilding season. Doesn't mean they will be bad though.
I thought sanogo didn’t keep his eligibility? I don’t think we’ll have a bad year but our chances of repeating go down significantly. If castle is as good as advertised we’ll lose him and clingan next year

Reaction Score
I thought sanogo didn’t keep his eligibility? I don’t think we’ll have a bad year but our chances of repeating go down significantly. If castle is as good as advertised we’ll lose him and clingan next year
And that's a good thing, if we want to keep getting top recruits we need to show we can get them to their goal which is the NBA

Reaction Score
I think we need to make some Daily Affirmations for members of the ‘Yard during this next month of uncertainty

Reaction Score
National Championship repercussions….

• 4 players to NBA Draft
  • 3 players transferring
  • Miss on top Transfer target

lol- who would’ve thought.

With all that said, I still feel great about our future.
What world are you in? 2 of the 4 players looking at the NBA may be back, and 2 of the 3 players transferring played a combined zero meaningful minutes this year. Why would you go out of your way to overstate what is happening. How about we at least wait until Jackson and Newton actually aren’t coming back before treating them like they’re gone?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It's like some people forgot we get two titles on the 4's in the new millennium. It's tradition

And next year happens to be 2024

So chill, the stars are aligned, we're due for men's and women's titles

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
The fruits of their success. I wish all of these young men all the best. I truly hope each one of these guys get the best outcome as far as they were concerned when they made their decisions. The gave us a lifetime of memories. My only regret is that my son got a serious case of food poisoning that kept our family from going to Houston and seeing it in person. We will be ok. DH has me believing that he will figure it out.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Hurley can’t win a close…recruiting battle.
I accidentally hit the like button. I do not agree with your assessment. He recruits just fine. He gets system players and what we learned is that when system players embrace their role their value goes up.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So a week ago, the worry was that we would repeat and DH would jump to the NBA. Now we’re outside the top 25 and preparing for a rebuilding year. I can’t keep up!!!
If you were a NY lawyer this place would seem to be going in slow motion.;)

Would love the use of exaggeration except it isn’t exaggeration. Love that so many people who are normally lurking have taken the time to post.

Reaction Score
I accidentally hit the like button. I do not agree with your assessment. He recruits just fine. He gets system players and what we learned is that when system players embrace their role their value goes up.
Just a FYI that if you click back on the Like button it will undo the Like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom