WBIT and WNIT results | The Boneyard

WBIT and WNIT results

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A couple interesting results to me. Belmont beat Ball St. by 18 on the road. Toledo beat Cleveland St. by 8.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Mississippi St. dominated Georgia Tech 84-47. :eek:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Our friend @triaddukefan can't be happy about what Virginia did to High Point---81-59.

Dag. I didn't even know they played tonight, thought it was tomorrow. Too busy focused on MBB today

Fitting bookend for HPU. Lost first game of the season to VPI, final game to UVA. The end of an era in High Point.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
When Washington and Georgetown tangle in women's basketball...well it's never happened before, so there is no precedent to base anything on.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Weird. I mean Georgetown is located IN Washington. Can’t believe the crosstown rivals haven’t played. :)
The Dawgs already have a fierce crosstown rivalry w/ Seattle U. Or not. SU is pretty much a non entity around here.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Speaking of Georgetown, Brianna Scott -- Big East 6th Woman of the Year (and daughter of commentator Christy Winters-Scott) -- injured her knee in the BE semifinal game.

We knew it was a bad injury, but wow ...

Reaction Score
Speaking of Georgetown, Brianna Scott -- Big East 6th Woman of the Year (and daughter of commentator Christy Winters-Scott) -- injured her knee in the BE semifinal game.

Yikes! I've never heard of so many different injuries to the knee at the same time. Feel so bad for her. I remember seeing Paige and several other players from UConn giving her a hug at the tournament. So compassionate and kind our UConn girls are. Wish her a full recovery.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Luci Olsen with a massive 29-point performance on 12-21 FG to lead Villanova in a convincing win over A-10 juggernaut and Big East nemesis VCU.

VCU had beaten both St. John's and Seton Hall in the nonconference, but I'll just invoke the "that was really early in the season" excuse that seems quite popular these days.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yikes! I've never heard of so many different injuries to the knee at the same time. Feel so bad for her. I remember seeing Paige and several other players from UConn giving her a hug at the tournament. So compassionate and kind our UConn girls are. Wish her a full recovery.

I've heard maybe a few times of an knee injury that severe, but its been in football. My guess is she will be ready to play for the 2025-26 season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I've heard maybe a few times of an knee injury that severe, but its been in football. My guess is she will be ready to play for the 2025-26 season.
Willis McGahee comes to mind. Yikes ...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's too late to fire Coach Langley this year, but I'll be beating that drum early next season if I don't see some significant improvement. They are being very nice hosts and letting Georgetown walk all over them. Absolutely putrid offensive display by the Dawgs.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It was close for a while, but Washington St. ran away from Lamar. Cal just couldn't shake Hawaii but managed to win by 5.

Meanwhile, Washington decided to finally start playing some basketball in Q4. Went on a 12-0 run to briefly grab a 1 point lead, but that was about it. Georgetown up 4 w/ 35 seconds left. No answer for Ransom, she has 26.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Georgetown pulled away down the stretch and won by 8.

Any wise cracker NC State fan wanna tell me how excited I should be about the Tina Langley regime? I'm ecstatic, let me tell you.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Georgetown's triumphant postseason continues. So what if their 3rd leading scorer and 2nd leading rebounder was lost to a knee injury -- they just flew across 3 time zones and dismantled those faux Huskies from the mighty Pac-12.

The triumph seems especially fitting since certain partisans of a certain conference went out of their way this season to repeatedly denigrate the Big East. This one's for the haterz ...

1711080524680.gif

Reaction Score

Oh my goodness! Sending well wishes to her during surgery, rehab, and recovery. Hang in there kiddo, you can do it.

Reaction Score
WNIT

The NAU lady lumberjacks received a buy in the first round of the WNIT. I'd love to know the difference between selection and conference affiliations between the two different postseason tournaments that are not the big dance.

Anyway some interesting teams in addition to NAU the Big Sky is represented with Northern Colorado, Montana. and Boise State who I saw in the Mountain West tournament and Wyoming are a strong teams in a field that includes Providence from the Big East as well as Big Ten reps.

On the WNIT postseason home page there's an indication that this is run by Triple Crown Sports based in Fort Collins. We discussed this on the board last year as the NCAA is making every effort to exterminate the WNIT and extend their Monopoly over postseason sports

NAU faces the winner of South Dakota and UC Riverside.game

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

I was watching the game on tv when Brianna got hurt. Another non contact injury, it happened just after she crossed the midcourt line and she just fell to the court and sadly, her screams were picked up by the TV microphones.
I really liked how the Huskies, especially Paige, hugged and spoke to her in the handshake line after the BE Championship game. That's what collegiate sports should be like!!!

Reaction Score
Just got off the phone with the WNIT staff - NAU will play at South Dakota if they win, if Nikki Powell and her crew win there is a . . . chance the game will be in Flagstaff. So, I'm rooting for the hometown team of Nyah and Olivia Moran.

South Dakota won 3 of their last 4 losing only to the Blue Jays and are lead by guard Grace Lankins who leads the team in scoring, rebounding and assists. The Highlands split their last 4 games and are a clear underdog, Massey has them as 11 point underdog so looks like I won't be watching NAU at the Rolle Activity Center. Bummer . . .

This link should provide updated schedule and results

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the battle of the Boro, the battle of the blue and gold.... My Aggies prevail.

A crowd of 3,909 showed up on a Friday evening... very impressive. By the highlights the arena was rocking at Club Corbett

My Spartans of UNC-G end a stellar season at 21-12

Reaction Score
With so much basketball, I appreciate you all for posting these updates. I will have to catch up while watching NCAA games today.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Dag. I didn't even know they played tonight, thought it was tomorrow. Too busy focused on MBB today

Fitting bookend for HPU. Lost first game of the season to VPI, final game to UVA. The end of an era in High Point.
Seeing how you are a women's Duke fan you probably should be focusing on the MBB all the time. ;):p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom