WBCA All Regional Teams 4 UConn Players. | The Boneyard

WBCA All Regional Teams 4 UConn Players.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hopefully, Jose is still on the committee that makes final selections of the 10 player AA team.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, if I look at this analytically:
There are 52 players listed.
The strong Conference (PAC-12) only has 8 names on it, the fewest. These 8 stand out head and shoulders about the rest of this region and maybe why it has so few.
Our region, #3 has the most players on it with 13. Only Cox and Walker stand out, so parity of the rest seems to be why we have more.
We know the 5 AP players will make it-Ionescu, Hebard, Cox, Walker, Howard as that has always happened to my memory.
That leaves 5 spots.
In reviewing the AP 2nd, 3rd team and Honorable mention names, Boston, McDonald, Sabally, Carter and Evans plus Harris, Charles, Doyle, Oneynwere and Cunnane, I put strike thru's for players I deem redundant to the team or just not having led their team to elite enough of a standard. So for Crystal Dangerfield to break into the top 10, she would have to be better than Harris or McDonald, which is a tough call. Harris was the Captain on the #1 ranked team and McDonald not only scored but was the PAC12 Defensive player of the year. I have my fingers crossed but am not optimistic. :)

Reaction Score
So, if I look at this analytically:
There are 52 players listed.
The strong Conference (PAC-12) only has 8 names on it, the fewest. These 8 stand out head and shoulders about the rest of this region and maybe why it has so few.
Our region, #3 has the most players on it with 13. Only Cox and Walker stand out, so parity of the rest seems to be why we have more.
We know the 5 AP players will make it-Ionescu, Hebard, Cox, Walker, Howard as that has always happened to my memory.
That leaves 5 spots.
In reviewing the AP 2nd, 3rd team and Honorable mention names, Boston, McDonald, Sabally, Carter and Evans plus Harris, Charles, Doyle, Oneynwere and Cunnane, I put strike thru's for players I deem redundant to the team or just not having led their team to elite enough of a standard. So for Crystal Dangerfield to break into the top 10, she would have to be better than Harris or McDonald, which is a tough call. Harris was the Captain on the #1 ranked team and McDonald not only scored but was the PAC12 Defensive player of the year. I have my fingers crossed but am not optimistic. :)
If you read the article in the OP you will see the actual reason why the number varies by region.

Reaction Score
If you read the article in the OP you will see the actual reason why the number varies by region.
Nice! But you might have just given the reason as well. Basically it is based on the percentage of D1 schools within each region. The more schools in a region the more players.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom