WBCA All American finalists | The Boneyard

WBCA All American finalists

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score
Cool beans. I was wondering if the coaches votes were already cast at the end of the regular season, or at the end of the conference tournaments. This information suggests that the performances in the NCAA tournament might still be able to influence some perceptions.

Reaction Score
As I understand it the WBCA All-American team is composed of ten players. There is no second team. Any UConn player who is one of the ten players would be on the wall.
Yes, you are correct. Morgan Tuck made it on the wall that way, as she was a WBCA AA in her senior year along with Stewie and Mo Jeff.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
My understanding for the UConn wall criteria is 1st AP or the 10 Member WBCA team. As much as we all love Lou, she is not one of the 10 best players on this list. In this case, it is honor just to be nominated. AE will be a close call given how many Front court players are worthy.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If they take only 2 from each region UConn girls could get screwed. If these were actual teams, region 4 would be the best by far.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Wow. 52 "finalists". Long odds. If Lou goes in the 1st round of the WNBA draft that will be a huge validation for her. Top 12 in the world, not just NCAA.

Reaction Score
These regions make no sense. Villanova and Drexel are like 10 miles apart in the same state. Columbia, from NYC is in a region but Uconn is in another region with a bunch of midwest schools.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Stop focusing on the Regions. The committee only uses this to get the nominations. They will select the 10 best regardless of region. There is no quota or limitation.
This years options are heavy on Fromtcourt players and lite on Backcourt players. You could see only 2 true guards make the 10 member list. Boston, Holmes, Clark, Siegrist, Reese are locks. Brink, Edwards, Joens, Jones, Miles, Kitley, Miller, Morrow and Horston are all worthy nominations for the next 5. For me, I prefer Horston over both Van Lith and Cooke.
Sorry to say Lou’s season for as great as it was, was not better than those I mentioned and the stat comparison validates my thinking.

Reaction Score
Stop focusing on the Regions. The committee only uses this to get the nominations. They will select the 10 best regardless of region. There is no quota or limitation.
This years options are heavy on Fromtcourt players and lite on Backcourt players. You could see only 2 true guards make the 10 member list. Boston, Holmes, Clark, Siegrist, Reese are locks. Brink, Edwards, Joens, Jones, Miles, Kitley, Miller, Morrow and Horston are all worthy nominations for the next 5. For me, I prefer Horston over both Van Lith and Cooke.
Sorry to say Lou’s season for as great as it was, was not better than those I mentioned and the stat comparison validates my thinking.
Thank you. This conversation comes up every year like it’s the first time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe the requirement for the Wall is 1st Team All-American. As far as I know, there are 3 major lists used. The AP list consists of 5 players. The basketball writers changed theirs from 10 players to 5 players a few years ago. The coaches still list 10 players. Based on numbers, the WBCA list is the easiest to make. Tuck did make that list as a senior. KML made it twice, as did Bria and Stef.

Reaction Score
These regions make no sense. Villanova and Drexel are like 10 miles apart in the same state. Columbia, from NYC is in a region but Uconn is in another region with a bunch of midwest schools.
Don't think of geographic regions, think of conferences. Region 4 is Big Ten and Big East. 1 is mostly ACC, 2 SEC, 3 mostly Big 12, 5 mostly PAC-12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom