Way Too Early Top 25 | The Boneyard

Way Too Early Top 25

Reaction Score
After watching way too much WCBB this season, I really believe that South Carolina is the favorite next season. My view is only based on the players I believe are returning, and, not knowing what recruits are coming in next season. But again, I think there is so much parity, that we may have another Final 4 with a surprise team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ND at #24

If the rumors are true... then I gotta put State over Louisville.

Reaction Score
Surprising that Arizona gets to National Championship where they lose a squeeker and they aren't in the top 25?
Agree 100%, with them losing their best player but the great run has to have them in line for a transfer or two and uptick in recruiting. At least on a prediction list this early, maybe an asterisk? OK it goes back to the thread title .... Way too early... ;)

can we get this Oregon fan out of here?
Why would someone who has been on the forum a couple months want someone who has been here for years banned??? No attack but the Oregon fan made a perfectly rational statement.

Reaction Score
Agree 100%, with them losing their best player but the great run has to have them in line for a transfer or two and uptick in recruiting. At least on a prediction list this early, maybe an asterisk? OK it goes back to the thread title .... Way too early... ;)

Why would someone who has been on the forum a couple months want someone who has been here for years banned??? No attack but the Oregon fan made a perfectly rational statement.
Let be clear it was an Oregon State fan

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Quick thoughts on top 10ish:
1. Stanford-they lock in #1 if Williams/Wilson return. Wilson is an elite defender, Williams is a very good scorer and their young duo of Brink/Jones makes them a title favorite. Extremely deep roster that Tara utilizes very well. If Williams is gone and Wilson stays, they drop to 3rd. They drop to 4th if both leave since their backcourt really isn't very strong aside from those 2 unless they move Jones to point (which probably would be a solid option).

2. South Carolina-they're neck and neck with Stanford. Tons of talent and Cooke/Henderson should mature in their roles after having a somewhat up and down year. Big rookie class coming in, although I'm not sure more than 1-2 will make an impact.

3. UCONN-also neck and neck with the top 2. Everyone is back and Geno brings in a monster class led by Fudd. Leadership and consistency were factors this season, and Geno's massive roster may not be as easy to manage as it looks on paper. They'll be in the title mix again and this team probably has more raw talent and potential than any team.

4. Maryland-everyone is back for now. They have the most dynamic offense in the country this past year but flamed out early. They have incredible potential if Reese makes strides in the offseason, as she gives them a needed defensive presence inside.

5. NC State-if seniors are back and Diamond Johnson/Hayes are on board, NC State should compete for a title. They'll have athletes, shooters and one of the best big girls in women's basketball in Cunane. Moore is a solid coach and they should compete well.

6. Baylor-Losing Richards and Carrington will hurt more than I think most anticipate. Everyone else returns all their top players, Baylor loses 2 pivotal ones. How well Carr and McDaniel blend in may make or break their season. Additionally they need development from Andrews. Smith won the Wade trophy this year and will return as a top POY candidate. Egbo has developed into a phenomenal defender and rebounder, and Ursin is great from the guard spot. They'll be a tough out per usual.

7. Oregon-if players can stay healthy and develop more chemistry, they'll be extremely dangerous. Pao Pao quietly had an excellent freshman season, Prince finally found rhythm toward the end of the season and Sabally had a nice first year as well. Oregon is pretty solid defensively but couldn't find their rhythm offensively. Graves is one of the better offensive coaches in the nation, so I think they'll thrive next year.

8. Louisville-Walz always has good talent on his roster and next year they'll be strong again, led by their two freshmen. Engstler is a nice pickup but I don't think she makes a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. I could see Louisville drop since they have a lot of decent pieces but no one who appears to be a go to star.

9. Indiana-good offensive team with a long time group of core players returning. They'll be potent.

10. Texas-were they not listed by ESPN? This is assuming Vic picks up a couple of kids from the transfer portal to replace Taylor/Collier, but by the end of the year they were playing like a classic Vic Schaefer team. Tough gutsy defense, players stepping up and making shots, and more than anything else a fearlessness and confidence that gives them an edge. They have 2 top 10 kids coming in, plus Warren/Allen-Taylor/Gaston/Ebo back. Might be somewhat of a stretch having them this high, but you can't ever count out Vic.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What was the statement?

Reaction Score
He said South Carolina is the favorite next season. You all know the correct answer every year should be UCONN.
Charlie Creme will strongly disagree this ...he picks UConn as #1 in 2021-2022 year.

Reaction Score
Agree 100%, with them losing their best player but the great run has to have them in line for a transfer or two and uptick in recruiting. At least on a prediction list this early, maybe an asterisk? OK it goes back to the thread title .... .
Recruiting for this fall is done and set. An uptick in recruiting will hit with the HS kids graduating in 2022 and 23.
Transfers are possible but enough to replace an AA?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom