Way Too Early SOS Comparisons | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Way Too Early SOS Comparisons

Reaction Score

Smart by Kim to play weaker teams as Hailey Van Lith and Morrow are over rated inefficient players who play no defense. Plus Kim got schooled in her only competitive matchups last year vs TN/SC. Will be even worse this year with improved Miss St and Ole Miss teams, plus A&M will be on LSU's tails...

Reaction Score
The Big 12 MBB will be strong as all get out again but Big 12 WBB gets the Letterkenny Super Soft Birthday Party award. Adding four teams that will be the worst in the league and the usual powers are all down.

4cecba0e9952fa0dc6065378f94b8c26a418d0a2.gif

Iowa State Cyclones slate. Even with a team of five freshman and two transfers the schedule is Charmin soft.

#3 Iowa - home
#13 Baylor - home
#20 Texas - away
#24 Kansas State - Home and away

Reaction Score
BIG 12 WBB will get stronger when Arizona, Utah and Colorado join. However it will not approach level of BIG 12 MBB. MBB will be crazy good. Best MBB conference in country and it is not even close.

Reaction Score

South Florida beat them last year at Texas so I like that they're on the schedule again. But I actually don't think this schedule is super strong besides the home game vs Uconn. Big 12 will be tough tho.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

South Florida beat them last year at Texas so I like that they're on the schedule again. But I actually don't think this schedule is super strong besides the home game vs Uconn. Big 12 will be tough tho.

I guess you don't know what happens when a cow crosses path with a Panther.... Especially around Thanksgiving. Panthers love ribeyes

panther-panthers.gif

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
BIG 12 WBB will get stronger when Arizona, Utah and Colorado join. However it will not approach level of BIG 12 MBB. MBB will be crazy good. Best MBB conference in country and it is not even close.
By including Arizona the B12 matches the SEC and Big East with five teams in the preseason top 25 for MCBB this coming year. Without considering Arizona the B12 is one behind the other two. The BE is projected to have at least 6 and possibly as many as 8 tournament teams as well … out of an 11 team conference! You must have a unique definition of what is not close.

Reaction Score
Shame on Kansas graphics crew for not making it a bit easier to share jk.

Besides playing VTech and UConn in a tourney which is sortve like free money nothing to lose games, they also play Penn State, Nebraska and Texas A&M. Well done

Reaction Score
South Carolina:
at #1 LSU
Home #2 UConn
neutral #5 Utah
neutral #10 Notre Dame
at #11 Ole Miss
at #12 Tennessee
home #12 Tennessee
home #16 Stanford
home #17 Maryland
at #19 UNC

at unranked (sorry @triaddukefan) Duke
I think Ole Miss comes to Columbia this year

Reaction Score
Mississippi State

Nonconference schedule isn’t terrible but lacks marquee names. Gonzaga, Miami, and UT Chattanooga were NCAA Tournament teams last season. Belmont, Liberty, Jackson State, Memphis and Colorado State were all NIT teams.

The SEC schedule is fairly frontloaded with the month of January being a murder’s row. Four Top 25 matchups, two NIT teams and a much improved Vanderbilt team.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Turkey is on the menu... High Point is out for revenge on Nov 4. Then my UNCG spartans get to have a turkey dinner on Nov 20th. Can't wait

panther-panthers.gif

Reaction Score
Minnesota WBB Non-conference Schedule:
This is about what I expected for Coach P's first year for the Gophers. A little light with the obvious highlight being hosting UConn. Gophers would probably have to go 10-1 and be middle of the pack in B10 to make the NCAA tournament. Anything more than 2 losses in the non-conference would make it real tough to make the tournament.

Gophers vs Long Island
Gophers vs Chicago State
Gophers vs North Dakota State
Gophers vs Connecticut
Gophers vs Cal State Northridge
Gophers vs Stony Brook
Gophers vs Norfolk State
Gophers vs Drake
Gophers at Kentucky
Gophers vs Grambling State
Gophers vs Lindenwood

Reaction Score
@TheFarmFan

Are you hearing anything about scheduling of Stanford at SCar for this year? Have heard nothing on our end. We were planning for y'all to visit this year BUT is there a problem with travel dates on your end?

On a sad note, I doubt we will be playing regular season games in the future. I think y'all will be flying in to Atlanta/Charlotte enough next years without keeping us on the schedule. :(

Reaction Score
Arkansas:

#15 Florida State (away)
#4 UCLA (home)
Illinois ("also considered" - neutral)
#1 LSU (away)
#12 Tennessee (away)
#8 South Carolina (home)
#11 Ole Miss (away)
Will also play (probably) Marquette (NCAA tournament) or Boston College (neither of whom is ranked) on a neutral site.

Reaction Score
@TheFarmFan

Are you hearing anything about scheduling of Stanford at SCar for this year? Have heard nothing on our end. We were planning for y'all to visit this year BUT is there a problem with travel dates on your end?

On a sad note, I doubt we will be playing regular season games in the future. I think y'all will be flying in to Atlanta/Charlotte enough next years without keeping us on the schedule. :(
I would be thinking it would be easier to schedule Stanford in the future for an out of conference game as they could couch it with one or two ACC games, to make the trip more worthwhile with getting three games for the price of one travel cost. Just my thoughts.

Reaction Score
South Carolina:
at #1 LSU
Home #2 UConn
neutral #5 Utah
neutral #10 Notre Dame
at #11 Ole Miss
at #12 Tennessee
home #12 Tennessee
home #16 Stanford
home #17 Maryland
at #19 UNC

at unranked (sorry @triaddukefan) Duke

Unranked South Dakota state added for November 20.

Still no confirmation of Stanford. Hoping Stanford doesn’t have to back out due to other scheduling issues.
No Stanford at SCar:(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke fans are experts at wishful thinking so I'll defer to your judgement but I expect Creighton to be back in the mix this season.

Definitely back in the Big East mix, i will agree with you there.

Reaction Score
That's the end of the PAC 12 and Stanford will ply a low schedule except Indiana & Duke

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom