Way OT: Wood n Tap | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Way OT: Wood n Tap

Reaction Score
Of the two for food, I much prefer Maggie’s. As for trivia, which ought to be the focus of the thread, I’m all for it! Never been to W&T for it though. McLadden’s in WH Center runs a good game. Damon’s Tavern was alright when it existed. Shout out to my brother’s bar, Zen Bar in Plainville for the easiest game you can play. Drop the name “Mano” for a full priced drink!

@Robertelamin where else did we used to go for trivia?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This post should be a post about the decline of the Manchester/South Windsor area. Evergreen walk has so many empty storefronts. However, they built an incredibly expensive apartment in Evergreen. What are these investors doing?

Reaction Score
Maggie's has better food... And if anyone in your fam has gluten issues, it's actually a wonderful place to go as they have endless options. But holy crap, why is their menu a longer read than most novels I teach?

Reaction Score
This post should be a post about the decline of the Manchester/South Windsor area. Evergreen walk has so many empty storefronts. However, they built an incredibly expensive apartment in Evergreen. What are these investors doing?
Decry the folly of building something so extravagant in Clanchester? *shrug*

Reaction Score
As someone who moved away from Glastonbury 5 years ago, can someone please give me their summary on the current state of the great Hartford area?

Pls & thxs.

Reaction Score
I've been to the W&T in Southington, thought it was very underwhelming.

Reaction Score
I was going to say, they have always had pretty good food.

Food there (at least at the one on the Rocky Hill -- Wethersfield line, which is the only one I stop in) used to be quite decent for what it is. The last two times I've been there, not so much.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Wood & Tap and Maggie McFly's have had multiple locations roughly equidistant for me from Bridgeport first and now New Haven, and my West Hartford stepmother, so that's where she invariably suggests as a lunch meeting spot.

Where *should*we be eating?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wood & Tap and Maggie McFly's have had multiple locations roughly equidistant for me from Bridgeport first and now New Haven, and my West Hartford stepmother, so that's where she invariably suggests as a lunch meeting spot.

Where *should*we be eating?
Middletown. O’Rourke’s, Eli Cannon’s, Forbidden City, many others. Cromwell Diner.

Reaction Score
As someone who moved away from Glastonbury 5 years ago, can someone please give me their summary on the current state of the great Hartford area?

Pls & thxs.

What do you want to know?

Reaction Score
There butternut squash soup with the bacon on top is delicious

Reaction Score
Of the two for food, I much prefer Maggie’s. As for trivia, which ought to be the focus of the thread, I’m all for it! Never been to W&T for it though. McLadden’s in WH Center runs a good game. Damon’s Tavern was alright when it existed. Shout out to my brother’s bar, Zen Bar in Plainville for the easiest game you can play. Drop the name “Mano” for a full priced drink!

@Robertelamin where else did we used to go for trivia?

Mcladdens was hard. The Irish accent in a crowded bar didn't quite work. Damons was good.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It’s a place where millenials play trivia on Tuesdays. I guess we can storm the gates over their use of the word pizza. Rally at 06:00 hours.

CHIEF WILL BRING THE ANGRY BISHES

Reaction Score
Maggie's has better food... And if anyone in your fam has gluten issues, it's actually a wonderful place to go as they have endless options. But holy crap, why is their menu a longer read than most novels I teach?
Maggie's quality varies place to place. I always liked the southbury one but the Brookfield/Danbury one isn't nearly as good

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom