Way early look at next year's line-up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Way early look at next year's line-up

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think our best lineup will come when we play small with Diarra and Larrier at the 5/4.

Reaction Score
So we have nine players. Here's what I have as our line-up as is:
PG: Gilbert
SG: Adams
SF: Larrier
PF: Cobb
C: Carlton

Bench
SG Vital (6th man)
PF Durham
C Diallo
SF Polley
No way we start both Cobb and Carlton. That would be like starting AB and SE. Not a good look. See either Larrier at the guard with CV at SF or Durham starting at PF. Most likely we play 3 guards. We could see Durham starting at Center though.

Reaction Score
There are players who will be on our team, who aren't on our team now. We hope. Then this will be a different discussion.

Reaction Score
Vital starting sounds great until you start to think who is the first guard off the bench? So Vital goes out and we go bigger? Obviously another guard is coming but who?

Reaction Score
Vital starting sounds great until you start to think who is the first guard off the bench? So Vital goes out and we go bigger? Obviously another guard is coming but who?
Wouldn't Alterique be first guard off the bench if Vital starts? We still need at least one more guard next year though.

Reaction Score
With the 9 on Scholarship right now
PG-Adams
SG-Gilbert
SF-Vital
PF-Larrier
C-Durham

Which is why we need to get some big signings ASAP

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
With the 9 on Scholarship right now
PG-Adams
SG-Gilbert
SF-Vital
PF-Larrier
C-Durham

Which is why we need to get some big signings ASAP

I don't think you can just pick the 5 guys you expect to be the best players and find a lineup that gets them all on the floor. This lineup gets killed on the boards against big strong teams. Plus, all 3 guards are starting?

Reaction Score
If we get Blake Harris, Sandro Mamukelashvili, and the Rice kid, I am going to die.
I want sandro, blake harris, and shakur juiston. I think shakur and sandro sure up our front line especially if durham stays. We add those 3 guys and we should win the AAC next yr imo. If Cobb can add physicality and rebounding we could be really good. Thats a lot of ifs but its my dream lol

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I would say that I think the early "best 5" would be Gilbert, Adams, Vital, Larrier, and either Durham or Cobb depending on who Ollie feels can play the 5-man best (I haven't seen Cobb yet).

However, if we don't pick up a ready-made impact guard, I would think that we would go with Gilbert, Adams, Larrier, Cobb, Durham. This will allow for a three guard rotation while we work with any developmental project at guard on the bench that we might get...

Reaction Score
I'd be pretty surprised if Vital doesn't get a starting job next year in the majority of games. One way or another.

He'll be the top returning 3 point shooter by average. He rebounds well for his position. He was one of the best defensive players on the team by the end of the year. I don't see him coming off the bench for a sophomore coming off a season being injured, regardless of their recruiting ranking. Though I do imagine we'll see a LOT of 3 guard play. Especially if we can get another guard or two in the off season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't see how Durham doesn't start at either the 4 or 5. I don't think we will have just one lineup. Sometimes we'll go bigger with Cobb/Diarra, Durham and Larrier other times we might start Vital. But really I think Vital is our main 6th man. Both Adams and Gilbert will need rest, and he'll be in for both of them as it stands now. He'd also probably be in our end of game 3 guard lineup.

Reaction Score
I don't see how Durham doesn't start at either the 4 or 5. I don't think we will have just one lineup. Sometimes we'll go bigger with Cobb/Diarra, Durham and Larrier other times we might start Vital. But really I think Vital is our main 6th man. Both Adams and Gilbert will need rest, and he'll be in for both of them as it stands now. He'd also probably be in our end of game 3 guard lineup.
I think I can see it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom