Bench
SG Vital (6th man)
PF Durham
C Diallo
SF Polley

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'd take even odds on Vital starting along with Gilbert, Adams and Larrier.

Fifth? I wouldn't bet a wooden nickel right now on that one.
Who's the three there? Vital? If we go small I could possibly see it.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Yes. Three guard lineup. Vital is big and strong enough to defend the college small forward.

Larrier as stretch 4.
I thought if Jackson came back Larrier would play the four anyway so I don't really have a problem with this line-up especially if Vital improves from 3.

Reaction Score
I can see Carlton playing a lot if not starting.. We haven't had a big guy with actual passing ability and a feel for the game in a long time. I have high hopes for him.

I think Durham is the key. If he makes a big leap, this team can be good. If he only marginally improves, or worse, has more injury problems, it will be tough.

Reaction Score
Yes. Three guard lineup. Vital is big and strong enough to defend the college small forward.

Larrier as stretch 4.

This has rebounding nightmares written all over it.

Would have to be against the right team with the right matchups

Reaction Score
Rebounding might take a small hit but the sacrifice would be well worth it considering the makeup of our (current) team and the benefit's we'll get on the offensive side. I trust that Larrier can get the job done... he's a good rebounder.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
We still need a decent Grad transfer big man, and a decent combo guard.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I can see Carlton playing a lot if not starting.. We haven't had a big guy with actual passing ability and a feel for the game in a long time. I have high hopes for him.

I think Durham is the key. If he makes a big leap, this team can be good. If he only marginally improves, or worse, has more injury problems, it will be tough.

I would love to see a Durham who can make instinctive moves and plays. He seemed very tentative to me and I am a big Durham fan. Many with experience have said that it is often the second year that people recovering from ACL surgery can become more their old selves. I hope that he can play more confidently, but he needs to be given the ball. There was a short stretch where he was getting the ball at the foul line against zones and made some nice plays. He really needs to amp up his energy and intensity on the court. If he was paired with a bigger body down low and we featured him (i.e. actually throwing the ball to him in a position to score), he could be a solid contributor at least. At this point, he is the one I really hope stays put and sees this through (...this assumes Alterique is going to stay). I also really hope he is well and able to go full throttle.

Reaction Score
I could see:
Gilbert
Adams
Vital
Larrier
Durham

Obviously would be a very small lineup. But would be workable and put our 5 best players on the floor with potent scoring potential.

Hopefully we pick up some front court talent though. We are looking awfully small down low.

Reaction Score
Yesterday people were saying in the MAL thread that Durham was leaving us. Has that changed or false news?

Reaction Score
This has rebounding nightmares written all over it.

Would have to be against the right team with the right matchups
No blocked shots either. Just saying, no Amida.

Reaction Score
I could see:
Gilbert
Adams
Vital
Larrier
Durham

Obviously would be a very small lineup. But would be workable and put our 5 best players on the floor with potent scoring potential.

Hopefully we pick up some front court talent though. We are looking awfully small down low.

We better sign two more guards if we want to run Gilbert, Adams, and Vital out there at the same time.

Reaction Score
If this is our lineup we're pretty . Here's to hoping more is on the way

Reaction Score
Yesterday people were saying in the MAL thread that Durham was leaving us. Has that changed or false news?

There have been rumors about every player, save for 3, transferring. Many may be unfounded. All we can do is wait and see.

This team can be very good with a few nice complementary additions. I think we have enough punch if AG and TL are healthy. A combo/wing who can shoot and a big who can board would make for an appealing roster. The effects of the departures could be felt a lot more in the years following next year, especially if TL shows out. I have a hard time imagining a kid with a degree coming back provided he is in the mix for even a 2nd round slot.

Reaction Score
We a great group to build around if Larrier and Gilbert come back healthy and effective.

Reaction Score
Vital, Gilbert, Adams, Larrier, Durham
If we only have 3 guards we are not going to start them all at the same time. If we can land Harris then it's a possibility. And if Durham isn't back then we will probably see Larrier at the 4 and Carlton or Cobb at the 5.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
If we only have 3 guards we are not going to start them all at the same time. If we can land Harris then it's a possibility. And if Durham isn't back then we will probably see Larrier at the 4 and Carlton or Cobb at the 5.
Agree on the 3 guards. You're much more likely to see a lineup of, for example:
Adams-Gilbert-Larrier-Durham -Cobb
Or
Adams-Gilbert -Larrier-Diarra -Durham

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member