Watcing a game | The Boneyard

Watcing a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seeing comments on a couple of threads, it seems that I am not the only one who has trouble watching a big game on TV. So do you just sit and watch the whole game? Do you have superstitions or rules to not upset the mojo?

I tend to watch with the sound off or down low. I annoy the dogs because I don't sit and watch. I pace, wander around picking stuff up, check the board here, etc. If the team started a run when I turned away, I am afraid to watch again in case I mess it up!:rolleyes: So continue the pacing and fidgeting. Against a good team I don't relax until the team is up 12 or more points with 3 minutes to go!

So glad for replays so I can enjoy the games in a more relaxed state. :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Seeing comments on a couple of threads, it seems that I am not the only one who has trouble watching a big game on TV. So do you just sit and watch the whole game? Do you have superstitions or rules to not upset the mojo?

I tend to watch with the sound off or down low. I annoy the dogs because I don't sit and watch. I pace, wander around picking stuff up, check the board here, etc. If the team started a run when I turned away, I am afraid to watch again in case I mess it up!:rolleyes: So continue the pacing and fidgeting. Against a good team I don't relax until the team is up 12 or more points with 3 minutes to go!

So glad for replays so I can enjoy the games in a more relaxed state. :)
Ah ... the mechanics of watching the games - thank goodness for ESPN3 and a DVR. The big games tend to be not watched by me until the results are already known or I have made sure based on the ESPN score page the game is well in hand! I seem to sleep better if I do not have to watch a loss live!
Thankfully Uconn does not often interrupt my sleep patterns - the Patriots are not quite so reliable!!

Reaction Score
I seem to have trouble watching away games mostly. Can rowdy crowds get to fans watching at home too? For the big games, like the Notre Dame game, I had it on mute and was on the edge of my seat until it got to be a more comfortable lead. I did go to the Stanford game and it did get very loud in there. Nothing I could really do about that.

I am also one that will be hesitant to watch if they play well or go on a run to turn things around (ie Notre Dame) in a big game for fear that it will stop. Superstitious me...

Reaction Score
I watch all UCONN games with the volume at 22, because 22 was the number I wore.

Crazy, I know.:confused:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I have to watch big games on mute with an adult beverage in hand.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
We Tivo the games we don't go to (away games), start watching about 45min after the start so we can fast forward through the timeouts & halftime. Every time we have a 'good' opponent I tell my wife we can't win close ones unless we hit foul shots. Unfortunately it was true this year already.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I DVR the games and start watching an hour after they start. That way I can FF through commercials and rewind to slo-mo questionable calls. I have no superstitions other than staying away from the computer or anything that might give away the score. and have the volume on normal.

I enjoy two kinds of games - the ones where Conn dominates a quality opponent, most recently ND, and even more so the ones where the outcome is in doubt for most of the game, i.e. Stanford (although the outcome sucked). The cupcake blowouts - not so much.

Reaction Score
During a tipical game I am pretty relaxed and watch from the couch,nothing speciel.

For big games like the Final four games or this past Saturday I stand, jump, scream and yell just as if I was at the game...... Sometimes my dogs get scared.

Reaction Score
I DVR all the games and watch them live and then later watch them again. The last 3 ND game (Semi Final 2013, Final 2014 and the last game) are my favorite to watch again and again :)
Have to admit that right after the Stanford game, I've deleted the recording...
During a game if at home I pace, jump up and down, , clap, scream, etc if at the stadium I do all of those aside than pace :)
In the last Final 4 in Nashville I was told by a TN fan that I was the most obnoxious fan she has ever seen....oh well...

Reaction Score
I just put it on Hold and walk away for a while. I hate the SYY banking commerial so bad and alot of the half time foo foo is not mey thing. When I get back to the tv, I just FF past all the crap Nice. No problems, easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom