Watching UMass vs Tennesse | The Boneyard

Watching UMass vs Tennesse

Reaction Score
UMass 0-4, has some athletes. Their starting QB went down with an injury and he was playing well. Jake Byzcko made a nice TFL, on the last drive.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm really not a fan of UMass per se but I happen to be an enormous fan of their OL coach.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Not a fan of Whip (although in retrospect he would have been a huge improvement over the we picked over him (P). The only times Foley's lines didn't look competent was when someone (GDL/Cummings) was looking over his shoulder.

Reaction Score
I'm really not a fan of UMass per se but I happen to be an enormous fan of their OL coach.
Ironically, that would apparently make you very different from the very few people publicly acknowledging they are UMess fans.

Reaction Score
Against a Tennessee team of questionable quality, not a bad showing for UMess. In Butch Jones' 5th year in Knoxville, without a good uptick is his 31-21 record positioning him for the hot seat?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Ironically, that would apparently make you very different from the very few people publicly acknowledging they are UMess fans.
Trust me, I despise UMass (although not to the extent I did when Squid was their hoops coach). I'll go so far as to say that when I was an undergrad (can't believe that was more than 35 years ago) I was always sure to put the apostrophe between the UM and the Ass when referring to that school.

Reaction Score
UMass is not a good team. Look at who they have lost to: Hawaii, Coastal Carolina, Old Dominion, Temple, and now Tennessee. UMass had 281 yards of total offense today.

Butch Jones is probably gone after this season. How do you struggle with UMass at home? Did you see the stands in the 4th Q? Empty.

Reaction Score
UMass is not a good team. Look at who they have lost to: Hawaii, Coastal Carolina, Old Dominion, Temple, and now Tennessee. UMass had 281 yards of total offense today.

Butch Jones is probably gone after this season. How do you struggle with UMass at home? Did you see the stands in the 4th Q? Empty.
They're 0-5, no kidding theyre nit a good team, but Andrew Ford is a decent college QB. The kid Isabella reminds me of Nick Williams, and they had a kid at safety that could play anywhere. I watched the 4th quarter mostly.

Reaction Score
They're 0-5, no kidding theyre nit a good team, but Andrew Ford is a decent college QB. The kid Isabella reminds me of Nick Williams, and they had a kid at safety that could play anywhere. I watched the 4th quarter mostly.

I watched more of the game. My takeaway was that Tennessee didn't really seem up for the game and looked lethargic.

Reaction Score
Trust me, I despise UMass (although not to the extent I did when Squid was their hoops coach).
Well reasoned UMess disdain aside, the point was/is their very few fans do not like Foley or his coaching.

Reaction Score
As long time Big Orange football fan - Butch is living on borrowed time.

Expectations are a bit out of whack in Knoxville, but come on. It's one of the best game day environments anywhere, facilities are great and goodness the school isn't afraid to spend on football, there's tradition out the wazoo and if you're the coach at Tennessee you can get into about any kids living room where you've got a shot.

The issue for UT is where do you go for a coach - Christ Dooley wasn't an answer nor was Kiffin, so they've swung and missed a few times, but it's a hard thing to get right.

Reaction Score

Expectations are a bit out of whack in Knoxville, but come on. It's one of the best game day environments anywhere, facilities are great and goodness the school isn't afraid to spend on football, there's tradition out the wazoo and if you're the coach at Tennessee you can get into about any kids living room where you've got a shot.

The issue for UT is where do you go for a coach - Christ Dooley wasn't an answer nor was Kiffin, so they've swung and missed a few times, but it's a hard thing to get right.

Then you slap down 12 mil and take one thats doing it. Just don't sing Rocky Top with the wife around or she will give him the look and he won't go.

Reaction Score
I have always thought that we should play UMass every year at Gillette Stadium. It's a huge rivalry game for both teams and a sold out Gillette would make this "THE" New England game of the year!!!

Reaction Score

Chip Kelly is out there.

Reaction Score
I have always thought that we should play UMass every year at Gillette Stadium. It's a huge rivalry game for both teams and a sold out Gillette would make this "THE" New England game of the year!!!

Unless something dramatically changes, UMass will not be playing FBS football much longer.

Reaction Score
UMass would be a good addition to C-USA. That would keep their program alive which is good for football in New England

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The Mighty SEC:

Tennessee 17, UMass 13
South Carolina 17, Louisiana Tech 16

Reaction Score
Yeah, this has been a trend for awhile. After Bama, the SEC isn't all that it once was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom