Watching UCONN While at Sea | The Boneyard

Watching UCONN While at Sea

Reaction Score
I will be going on a CoVid twice delayed Carribean cruise from 3/8 to 3/21 - and while the ship has free WiFi, I will not be able to access my streaming service (You Tube TV) while abroad. And since the ship does not carry FS1/FS2/FOX, I will not be able to get any of the BE games from MSG or the early NCAA games the week following,

While I should be able to access the UCONN games from the streaming site (Welcome to UConn Husky Games!) does anyone know what the delay from game end to upload/post typically is? I would hate to have to wait until I return to the US to see the games!

Reaction Score
I will be going on a CoVid twice delayed Carribean cruise from 3/8 to 3/21 - and while the ship has free WiFi, I will not be able to access my streaming service (You Tube TV) while abroad. And since the ship does not carry FS1/FS2/FOX, I will not be able to get any of the BE games from MSG or the early NCAA games the week following,

While I should be able to access the UCONN games from the streaming site (Welcome to UConn Husky Games!) does anyone know what the delay from game end to upload/post typically is? I would hate to have to wait until I return to the US to see the games!
Carnival Cruise?

Reaction Score
Watch the game on YouTube. MJL243 usually uploads the game with in hours after its over. I love it, he removes all of the commercials, so you can watch the game in an hour. We fans owe him a lot of appreciation.
So what search terms do you use once on You Tube? I assume UCONN Basketball?

Reaction Score
"Watching The Huskies While In France"
'Watching The Huskies While At Sea"

I'm seeing a trend. Curious what's next. "Watching the Huskies While Traveling on The Bezos Penis Rocket".... can't get FS1!

Reaction Score
Watch the game on YouTube. MJL243 usually uploads the game with in hours after its over. I love it, he removes all of the commercials, so you can watch the game in an hour. We fans owe him a lot of appreciation.
So what search terms do you use once on You Tube? I assume UCONN Basketball?
Search MJL and it will come up

if I’m not mistaken, MJL only uploads WBB games, not the MBB ones.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Beware that wifi while on a cruise ship likely isn’t remotely good enough to stream anything of note. I was on a Celebrity Cruise to Alaska and while we paid for the wifi package, it was barely good enough for emails, etc. If at all possible, you’ll want to explore an option to download the games to your hard drive if at all possible since streaming might be near impossible.

Of course my cruise was ~5 years ago and technology might have improved a lot since then but better to be prepared and not need it.

Reaction Score
I am at YouTube now and MJL243 only has the WBB games posted on that page. Further search for Full Game MBB yielded mostly historic games like the Natty games, the 6 OT game, and other significant Husky MBB wins.

Any other place that I should look?

Reaction Score

I took a Caribbean cruise right before COVID. For work purposes, instead of using the ship’s WiFi, I bought local streaming access to the telephone companies of the islands we went to. For 80 to 90 per cent of working hours, I could get internet access on my phone and set up a network to watch what I wanted on my IPad. If you use a ship’s service or streaming, they normally are so slow that watching a game afterwards may be problematic.

Reaction Score
My recording setup and free time is not what it once was, so I can’t personally guarantee when MBB games will be added to UCHG. I’ll usually comb through YouTube for full game recordings and throw them on the site if we haven’t uploaded it ourselves. Sorry I can’t be more help here.

Reaction Score
My recording setup and free time is not what it once was, so I can’t personally guarantee when MBB games will be added to UCHG. I’ll usually comb through YouTube for full game recordings and throw them on the site if we haven’t uploaded it ourselves. Sorry I can’t be more help here.
When I spoke to the You Tube TV folks again, they confirmed that I could not access their site outside of the continental USA - not even from Puerto Rico.

But does anyone know if regular old You Tube (not YouTube TV) likewise restricts access to USA only?

If all else fails, at least I should be able to access the Boneyard - and will hopefully get to see a variety of very descriptive comments!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom