Watching UConn Washington 2006 | The Boneyard

Watching UConn Washington 2006

Reaction Score
On CBS Sports. Man, this team was so unfocused and really had no business winning this game. Rudy just going through the motions the entire game. I'm glad Rashad hit the shot but the effort is maybe even more uninspiring than I remembered.

Brandon Roy was such a stud, hate how his career ended so early.

Reaction Score
Rudy just going through the motions the entire game
sounds about right. i dont understand why he's held in such high esteem on this board or how he was worthy of "huskies of honor" status. his passion wasnt even close to matching his talent while he was here. how was he inducted before caron and gordon? how is he in over el-amin?

Reaction Score
Good thing there wasn’t any video reviews at the time. Marcus with his stumble called a trip, Hilton with goaltending...

Reaction Score
sounds about right. i dont understand why he's held in such high esteem on this board or how he was worthy of "huskies of honor" status. his passion wasnt even close to matching his talent while he was here. how was he inducted before caron and gordon? how is he in over el-amin?
Forgot about the bonehead inbounds pass from Rudy w 12 seconds left up 2. Could have been a killer.

Reaction Score

He was a first-team All-American and one of 4 finalists for the Naismith Award that, I believe, JJ Redick won. If anything, Rudy's college career is underrated by UConn fans.

Superjohn is right about the WA game and how disappointing that 2006 team was, but your post is basura.

Incidentally, one of my favorite random UConn games to re-watch is that team's February game at Seton Hall. The second half is a good look at what that team looked like at the height of its powers. Playing a Seton Hall squad that was having a pretty decent year in the Big East and they absolutely beat the wheels off them.

Reaction Score
My memory is that we had no business winning the game AND that we got a fortuitous call to get there. Am I wrong or I am mixing it up with another game?

Reaction Score
My memory is that we had no business winning the game AND that we got a fortuitous call to get there. Am I wrong or I am mixing it up with another game?

Story of the tournament. Every game was a struggle - they were down 12 in the second half to Albany.

Reaction Score
Watching the game reminded me how loaded we were talent wise and also how frustrating the team was to watch during that NCAA Tournament. Down 12 well into the second half vs Albany, struggled with a mediocre UK squad, pushed to the limit by Washington then finally losing the Mason. Chemistry or something was just off

Reaction Score
He was a first-team All-American and one of 4 finalists for the Naismith Award that, I believe, JJ Redick won. If anything, Rudy's college career is underrated by UConn fans.

Superjohn is right about the WA game and how disappointing that 2006 team was, but your post is basura.

Incidentally, one of my favorite random UConn games to re-watch is that team's February game at Seton Hall. The second half is a good look at what that team looked like at the height of its powers. Playing a Seton Hall squad that was having a pretty decent year in the Big East and they absolutely beat the wheels off them.

Yep, I remember rewatching that game last year or so and thinking what could have been. Something just never really clicked with that team.

Re: Rudy, he is underrated. Easily one of the most talented players we've had, he just made it look too easy. He was not going to be Ray/Rip; that wasn't his mentality. Be he was going to do at least one or two things every game that blew you away and he might have actually been deterred by being on a team that was so balanced.

Reaction Score
Story of the tournament. Every game was a struggle - they were down 12 in the second half to Albany.

For sure... We were very due for a disappointing loss as we more or less coasted to 30 wins that year. Wish it was against UDub to be honest. Although Virginia's loss and some others have wore away some of the embarrassment of the GMU game at this point.

Reaction Score
We didn’t have a cut throat player on that team. No one to step on the throat.

Reaction Score
He was a first-team All-American and one of 4 finalists for the Naismith Award that, I believe, JJ Redick won

i compared him to caron butler, ben gordon and el-amin man, not tyler olander. and if the voters for that stuff were infallible kemba wouldve beaten out fredette

Reaction Score
its generally just a scheduling/timing thing, not that he deserved it over Caron and Gordon. And El-Amin is already up there.

Reaction Score
I might be way off but this was the Bouknight comp for me, a pre-injury Brandon Roy.
Seems like a good comparison. Roy when Uconn played them was a senior so was physically a lot stronger and a better all-around player than Bouknight at this stage but Bouknight has more explosiveness. They both make the game look easy.

Reaction Score
Love this thread. I went to that game and still have a beat up hat I bought at the venue. I mostly blanked the next game out of my memory.

UConn coming back to DC every year is a big deal for me. This NBE is great, yearly home and homes are great, and I’m gonna drink 1000 beers when they come here next year.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Something happened to the team midway through the year, because they started out 22-1 and were blowing people away before the bottom fell out. After about mid-February every game was a struggle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom