Watching the Big East | The Boneyard

Watching the Big East

Reaction Score
Watching St John’s vs Mercer. I have to admit, I love being able to watch the Big East again and feel like part of it. SJU looks well coached. Mike Anderson will succeed there like he has everywhere else.

Another bonus, FS1 picture quality is great. I swear ESPN dumbs down the quality for AAC broadcasts.

Reaction Score
This might turn out to be one of the best teams Providence has ever had once Nate Watson returns. Then they lose 5 seniors including three team leaders in Holt, Pipkins and Diallo and two key reserves with Young & White. The team is legit nine deep. This team doesn't feel like typical Providence teams. Just a hunch.

We should be ready to pounce on them next year after Providence has a big year (Cooley?).

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
After 1 half Georgetown is losing to Mount Saint Mary 37-25. Georgetown has a lot of size but they are a terrible shooting team. Wahab is big. Too bad we did not get him.

Have been watching that -- Georgetown has been awful on defense, too. Would really like to see them get it together now that we're in the same conference again. Wahab will help!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Akinjo going nuts in 2nd half
Would look great in a UConn uniform

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Not the big east but would really like to see Cincinnati win this game against a loaded Ohio state team for the AAC this season.

Reaction Score
I was honestly hoping Gtown lost bc if we managed to get near the bubble I feel they would be there as well.

Reaction Score
Cincinatti has held Ohio State scorless for the first 7 minutes...
And yet here we are
F40C8317-6A44-43A0-81FB-5CB87BC99434.jpeg

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
15 minutes into the first half Syracuse has 7 points. They have major problems offensively this year.

Reaction Score
Not BE related but Tulane beats SE Louisiana by 21. Huge improvement since last year they lost by 1.

Reaction Score
Watching St John’s vs Mercer. I have to admit, I love being able to watch the Big East again and feel like part of it. SJU looks well coached. Mike Anderson will succeed there like he has everywhere else.

Another bonus, FS1 picture quality is great. I swear ESPN dumbs down the quality for AAC broadcasts.

I think the cable company determines the compression of network signals but the networks may have some leverage. OTA picture quality at 1080 is always noticeably better. We have the technology but choose to butcher the signal.

Reaction Score
I think the cable company determines the compression of network signals but the networks may have some leverage. OTA picture quality at 1080 is always noticeably better. We have the technology but choose to butcher the signal.
ESPN is notorious for compressing the picture

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23
Reaction Score
I'm excited about the Big East. I have continued to watch even though we were part of the AAC. I didn't mind games against Cincinnati, Temple or Memphis but there was no one else that really got me excited. I don't care how good or bad Villanova, St. Johns, Providence, Georgetown, and Seton Hall are. I'll always be way way more excited about playing them. DePaul, Marquette, and Xavier are also more interesting than to me than the majority of the AAC. Don't really care about Creighton or Butler but at least they are basketball schools that will always place basketball interests above all else.

We're headed exactly where we need to be. If we can secure games against Syracuse and Pitt every season OOC then I'll be completely satisfied but I can't really complain now as is. This season is what it is, hopefully we go out with a bang and I'll appreciate watching the growth, but next season can't come soon enough...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom