Watching the Big East | The Boneyard

Watching the Big East

Reaction Score
How is it that St. Joihn's starts 5 players who can all handle the ball, shoot from deep, and rebound and we start none? How is it that Myles Powell (who wanted to go to UConn) is now one of the best players in the country and Jalen's game has completely gone to ?

Seton Hall, St. John's and even Georgetown are all way better than us right now and it's incredibly depressing.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Btw when did Georgetown change their colors?

Reaction Score
How is it that St. Joihn's starts 5 players who can all handle the ball, shoot from deep, and rebound and we start none? How is it that Myles Powell (who wanted to go to UConn) is now one of the best players in the country and Jalen's game has completely gone to ?

Seton Hall, St. John's and even Georgetown are all way better than us right now and it's incredibly depressing.
While they are practicing getting better we are making pool dunk videos

Reaction Score
Athletes everywhere. Need the Johnny's and Joe's next year. Startling how bad it is

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Powell is the biggest recruiting miss of the past 6 years that nobody talks about.
He's a cool story. Worked so hard on his body after everyone told him he was too big to play on the wing. He's transformed himself since high school.

Reaction Score
Powell is the biggest recruiting miss of the past 6 years that nobody talks about.

Govan would be quite nice right now too.

That undersized PF that was at Notre Dame was a big miss too. Can't think of his name right now.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I was watching that game today from about 10 minutes left into OT. Both teams have players at every position, made layups, made jumpers, actually ran plays that freed their better players, and defended with quick feet rather than standing stiff legged. Amazing. Looked like basketball for a change.

Reaction Score
Bonzie Colson, who apparently had strong interest in us.

My theory on Colson is he was like John Gwynn. Short neck. So, he was listed at 6'5" and KO probably said to himself that this Colson kid is too short to play power forward for us.
He forgot Colson had arms the length of a 6'9" guy and played like one.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Im amazed it’s taken people this long to figure out that this team is really this bad.

Me too. When I said I would be happy with 18 wins preseason, I meant it. The 3-4 year rebuild is has always been my imagined road map.

The diff between us and others is we are starting from a much, much lower place than most anyone else.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
While they are practicing getting better we are making pool dunk videos
I hope you are kidding, but you get a like either way.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I would love to know how much the team shoots inside Gampel.

Reaction Score
Still amazes me that we can’t land one pure shooter. Like a killer 3 point guy who can’t play a lick of d. Seems like most teams have one. Also, why can’t we get one super athletic raw down low player that is just a beast down low? I don’t care if he’s talented- just be a serial killer down low. It’s actually mind-boggling how we can’t land anybody - was Ollie that bad of a recruiter? , he set the program back years. Everything Calhoun built. So depressing.

Reaction Score
This team has the worst possible combo u wud want in players: soft, no hustle, no explosiveness, can’t play d, can’t shoot, no desire, can’t make free throws , can box out, numerous turnovers , minimal b-ball iq, no physical prowess, no desire to hit weight room. It’s actually shocking how bad it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom