Watching St. Joe's vs. UConn 2014 | The Boneyard

Watching St. Joe's vs. UConn 2014

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It would be cool if we picked a time and date and set up a Boneyard watch party. Vote on a game, then we all sit down, load up UConn Husky Games, and hit "Play" at the same time. Just a fun way to virtually watch a game together.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It would be cool if we picked a time and date and set up a Boneyard watch party. Vote on a game, then we all sit down, load up UConn Husky Games, and hit "Play" at the same time. Just a fun way to virtually watch a game together.
@ Louisville, @ND, home vs PC all '09

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
I saw the UConn Mens account and I am also currently watching. Thank the lord for Brimah, that couldve been a sad march. Instead in became the best moment of my college career. Also did not realize the NBA caliber that was on st. Joe's no wonder it was so close.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I saw the UConn Mens account and I am also currently watching. Thank the lord for Brimah, that couldve been a sad march.

St. Joe's outplayed us the whole game. Martelli should have used his bench a little more. He played his bench a total of 9 minutes in an uptempo overtime game. His players were gassed by the end, and he had 2 players foul out. If he plays that bench even 20 minutes, I bet St. Joe's wins that game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We wouldn't have won if that St. Joe's guy didn't foul out. Caught a break there.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
We wouldn't have won if that St. Joe's guy didn't foul out. Caught a break there.

he also committed the 4th foul on brimah. I thought AB got fouled on the rebound. Thankfully they ignored that.

also some said sju should’ve fouled...but there like 41 seconds left when the first shot got off. Way too early to foul

Reaction Score
I was sitting right behind the basket. Brimah’s clutch play was on the other end from me.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Napier lost control of the ball with about 80 seconds left and fell out of bounds. That would have been his last big play of 2014 if Brimah doesn't make that 3 point play.

Reaction Score
This would be awesome. What are some of your guys favorite games of all time?

Reaction Score

Getting chat going for this would be the ultimate!

Reaction Score
This past week I watched this game. I had forgotten how often the team went iso and just let Shabazz and Boat go to work.

Reaction Score
that was our hardest game of the tourney and a game we really should have lost... Imagine the last 6 years if that had happened.

Reaction Score
I remember watching the 2nd of the game at MGM sports book thinking I’m glad I didn’t make that $50 on UConn to win it all at 100-1.

Reaction Score
This past week I watched this game. I had forgotten how often the team went iso and just let Shabazz and Boat go to work.

We watched that style of play for 4 years. Idk how you forget something that putrid, once we lost bazz of course.

Reaction Score
We watched that style of play for 4 years. Idk how you forget something that putrid, once we lost bazz of course.

The ultimate irony, though, is that we won two national titles more or less relying on our point guard(s) to go iso and just make something happen. We tend to forget that Kemba was like a 40% shooter against real competition that year and we won games where he was 8-27, 5-19, 8-22, 5-17, etc.

Reaction Score
The ultimate irony, though, is that we won two national titles more or less relying on our point guard(s) to go iso and just make something happen. We tend to forget that Kemba was like a 40% shooter against real competition that year and we won games where he was 8-27, 5-19, 8-22, 5-17, etc.
Yep, Deandre Daniels made a lot of it work because you needed to respect him off the PnR. When he wasn't firing, we had a lot of those "rough" wins and losses.

Reaction Score

That's a cool idea, we need a start time and the chat room open.

How about the Wagner game? That would be a trip though hell.

Reaction Score
@BCU 2003

Was that the game where Calhoun got T'd up while UConn was opening the game on something like a 16-0 run? The game where UConn fans took over Conte on senior day and got a standing ovation from the UConn players at the end of the game. Can't believe that was almost 20 years ago.

Reaction Score
St Joe’s was hotter than us when we played
They just won the A10 tourney beating a sweet 16 Dayton team in the process. We hung in there and took advantage of the breaks and their short bench.
Brimah making a foul shot was an act of God.
That was a tougher draw than Nova who somehow got a great seed .

Reaction Score
CBS was showing Memphis vs Kansas 2008 Championship game. They should just play entire NCAA tournaments of different years.

Reaction Score
Yep, Deandre Daniels made a lot of it work because you needed to respect him off the PnR. When he wasn't firing, we had a lot of those "rough" wins and losses.

Giffey shot 50% from 3 for a big portion of the year he was tremendous also. Seemed to hit big shots quite often as well as being able to fill in most any spot on D. Crazy but fun year.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Was that the game where Calhoun got T'd up while UConn was opening the game on something like a 16-0 run? The game where UConn fans took over Conte on senior day and got a standing ovation from the UConn players at the end of the game. Can't believe that was almost 20 years ago.
Bingo. Never has an opposing fan base been more humiliated. It was glorious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom