Watching PSU/SU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Watching PSU/SU

Reaction Score
Honest question...how come people are not constantly bashing Jim Boeheim saying that he’s too old, and can retire anytime, so its not a good idea to commit to Syracuse? Boeheim is 75, Calhoun retired at like 72, and about five years leading up to Calhoun’s actual retirement, he was always criticized and negatively recruited against for being too old and UConn being a risk to commit to because Calhoun can retire at any time.
How come Boeheim, and even Coach K are not getting that same treatment?
I mean Boeheim has not been recruiting well the last few years, despite having conference affiliation to fall back on

Reaction Score
That thread implies we were ever behind them despite simple, basic math: 4>1

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here’s a tip if you guys ever find yourself running a major college basketball program.....

Do not build your team around your three-star son.

And if you try, don‘t pair him in the backcourt with another kid who’s just as slow as he is.

And, when you lose, maybe don’t throw everyone but them under the bus at the postgame presser.

This is gonna get away from JB in a hurry.

Reaction Score
Touchy subject over there :)
Really like this quote from Dasher...

This is a ridiculous take. UConn has had three straight losing seasons. We haven't even had one, yet. A lot of teams are ahead us us right now. UConn isn't on our radar for our problems.

I hope we continue to stay off their radar while we beat them for their main recruiting targets (Akok, Jackson).

Reaction Score
Cuse is trash and it's awesome they suck, but Carey is injured and probably done for the season after thumb surgery, not just being benched.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I do like seeing all the former Big East football schools that stabbed UConn in the back sucking now. Pitt is finished as a major basketball program without NYC. Syracuse's legend is way past his prime and that job is not that attractive. Huggins is still doing pretty well, but he is 66 and I don't see him coaching into his 70's. Rutgers is Rutgers.

Louisville is still doing well, proving that there is no justice with the NCAA.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
EDD7DC84-56B5-49AD-92B6-235FB99CD5B7.jpeg

Reaction Score
He has issues.
Then you would have issues, not as bad, but issues, just like Coach Hurley.
Nobody caught this gem (yet) on the second page? Have to love these armchair psychologists who probably barely passed high school and feel they know it all after a HS Junior year Psych elective class that they got a C- in. That guy should just keep his twisted, incorrect opinions to himself. The scary thing is he might get a few people to actually think his view is valid in his day to day life.

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Nobody caught this gem (yet) on the second page? Have to love these armchair psychologists who probably barely passed high school and feel they know it all after a HS Junior year Psych 101 class that they got a C- in. That guy should just keep his twisted opinions to himself. The scary thing is he might get a few people to actually think his view is valid.
Hurley's going to have serious issues next year... like how to find minutes for all his talent

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Would Hopkins go back or is he settled into the nice thing he has going at UW? After that stint he had filling in for Boheim the coach in waiting thing looked like a bad idea but UW is now in better shape than Cuse.

Easier to win in the PAC right now. But still a P5. He's recruiting well. And he's got some family in the area iirc. Roots. Don't see him leaving myself.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Honest question...how come people are not constantly bashing Jim Boeheim saying that he’s too old, and can retire anytime, so its not a good idea to commit to Syracuse? Boeheim is 75, Calhoun retired at like 72, and about five years leading up to Calhoun’s actual retirement, he was always criticized and negatively recruited against for being too old and UConn being a risk to commit to because Calhoun can retire at any time.

You are seeing Jimmy B struggle on there recruiting trail compared to years past. So it's probably being said.

Duke is Duke and have big war chests on top of that.

Reaction Score
Nobody caught this gem (yet) on the second page? Have to love these armchair psychologists who probably barely passed high school and feel they know it all after a HS Junior year Psych elective class that they got a C- in. That guy should just keep his twisted, incorrect opinions to himself. The scary thing is he might get a few people to actually think his view is valid in his day to day life.
Yeah that's that Dasher guy. He's a interesting character. They don't want to acknowledge that we are beating the heck out of them recruiting wise. How much different would they look with Akok and then Jackson next year?

Here is another couple of gems from him. He angry!

I think we have beat them 8 or 9 out of the last 11 or 12 times we have played them. And Hurley did no such thing. That is just silly.

Fact: Cuse is 6-4 in it's last 10 games versus UConn. They team have alternated victories since 2013.

Hurley missed the tournament. He won't last long there. He has issues. As for last year, they lost 6 games in a row in the AAC.

Then you would have issues, not as bad, but issues, just like Coach Hurley.

Reaction Score

I like this guy's take on Hurley's "issues". Too bad he didn't define them.
"I am sorry you took the loss so badly. I hope that as the season went on, and we beat Duke at Duke, did jb punk K? things got better for you. Hurley missed the tournament. He won't last long there. He has issues. As for last year, they lost 6 games in a row in the AAC. And they scored 45 pts in the last game against defensive power Houston. Not a lot of punking there. He has issues. By the way, we lost by 7. That is hardly being thoroughly embarrassed. Unless you are a UConn troll. Then you would have issues, not as bad, but issues, just like Coach Hurley. "
They're really off the wall. Harping on our three losing seasons and one guy got them really upset when he asked if it might be OK to trade 3 losing seasons for 4 NC's.

Reaction Score
What is in the water in Syracuse? If you are looking for good bathroom reading material then I’d suggest reading the “we will never pass UConn” thread they have going.

Attachments

• 564A3BF4-07D1-405F-A285-91CFC50B400F.jpeg
    564A3BF4-07D1-405F-A285-91CFC50B400F.jpeg
    469.7 KB · Views: 208
Reaction Score
Would Hopkins go back or is he settled into the nice thing he has going at UW? After that stint he had filling in for Boheim the coach in waiting thing looked like a bad idea but UW is now in better shape than Cuse.

I hope not. Seattle is recruiting hot bed and Hopkins seems to have really broken through in that regard. Hopkins could win the PAC any given year at UW instead of finishing in 5th or 6th at best in the acc

Reaction Score
What is in the water in Syracuse? If you are looking for good bathroom reading material then I’d suggest reading the “we will never pass UConn” thread they have going.

This is really embarrassing.

Reaction Score
LOL. How many on that team would even play significant minutes here? The Carolina transfer? Anyone else?

caw

Reaction Score
LOL. How many on that team would even play significant minutes here? The Carolina transfer? Anyone else?

they have a wing who could be good in a few years in Guerrier, needs significant work on his game but has talent. Wouldn’t see much time behind Polley, Sid or Akok.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

IIRC, the negative recruiting against JC was more about health than age.

Boeheim looks healthy. Coach K dyes his hair.

Reaction Score

Boeheim looks healthy? The man wet his pants on national TV less then a year ago.

Reaction Score

You don't have to make noise about Boeheim, his decline as a coach is self-evident. They are Louisville at the end of the Denny Crum era. Except there will be no Rick Pitino to bail them out.

Reaction Score
You don't have to make noise about Boeheim, his decline as a coach is self-evident. They are Louisville at the end of the Denny Crum era. Except there will be no Rick Pitino to bail them out.
Don’t say that too loud. Syracuse May be desperate & Slick Rick is unemployed

Reaction Score
Playing Iowa tonight I think.....def going to tune in for a bit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger